stopping the bounce back?

jashley
on 6/2/14 10:44 pm
DS on 12/19/12

So I gained 8 lbs, and most of it was from eating sugar.  I had a binge for a month.  So I cut out the crap foods, and now my diet is clean. I noticed that I eat a lot of food in a day, so I'm trying to cut down on the constant grazing I do (stress eating).

It's been 2 weeks, and the weight isn't coming off.  What have you done to lose the bounce back?  Any strategies?  I have not had to diet since I had the surgery - bummer that I'm back at it 1.5 yrs later.

Thanks for any success tips.

Irishnurse
on 6/2/14 11:52 pm, edited 6/2/14 11:52 pm
DS on 04/17/13

But it is a Wonderful meat and fat filled diet! lol. Congrats on getting it back off. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Sumundo311
on 6/2/14 11:52 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Hi, this is a tough one,  I have gotten into exercise and that has got my metabolism going again and I have dropped 10lbs, there is hope I am 9 years out. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sumundo

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

jashley
on 6/3/14 1:46 am
DS on 12/19/12

I was wondering about this...  I have not had to do anything to lose the first 90 lbs.  I knew there would come a time where I was going to have to sweat a little to keep it off. 

I exercise about 2 times a week - and I only do that because of my dog.  Guess I'm going to have to do it a lot more often.

Karamay
on 6/3/14 3:34 am, edited 6/3/14 3:36 am - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

I have not had bounce back yet, but my weight loss has SLOWED way down!  From Nov until April, I only managed to lose 3-4 lbs & I was stuck at 140-141 for about 3 months! I put myself in maintenance by eating too many carbs...even the good ones like quinoa & sweet potatoes....although I did enjoy cookies & cake too!  I got fed-up about mid-May & started Atkins induction keeping my carbs to 20 or under for 2 weeks & now I am at 30-35 g of carbs/day.  I have lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks...although my energy level has dropped too!  I know I am 'dieting'...which I detest...but I am determined to lose these last 6 lbs & check the box that I am AT GOAL!!!  Good luck! 

Edited to add:  I have not embraced exercise either!  Something I am considering these summer months since I like to swim ALOT!

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

Lyss Remaly
on 6/3/14 3:50 am - Wheeling, IL

Don't be discouraged!  You can beat this!  First, you should be physically active everyday just for your general health not just because of weight loss.  Second, try changing things up a little bit.  Keep your foods varied and different.  I consider myself very lucky that after 4 years I have not had any bounce back or significant stalls.  There have been months where things were VERY SLOW but my body continues to change and I think that is because I keep things changing up.  Your system adapts and gets used to what you are feeding it and the motions you go through everyday.  Try removing things you know you don't need or adding things your body isn't used to. 

The relationship you have with your body is the most important one.  You don't want things to get stale and boring do you?

PattyL
on 6/3/14 5:49 am

Try some mint tea.  As close as you can get to a gallon a day.  One week on, one week off.  Don't have any idea why this works but it does.  And no sugar in the tea!

Bounce Back sucks!  Best to nip it in the bud now!

jashley
on 6/3/14 6:29 am
DS on 12/19/12

Oh yes, I forgot about the mint tea.  I will start brewing gallons of it tonight.  Just drinking a gallon of something might slow down my ability to scarf up the calories...

I am amazed at how much food I can eat these days.  When I look back to a year ago, my stomach was tiny compared to today.  I haven't needed to do shakes for months because I can suck up a side of beef in no time.  Need to shrink my stomach.

Thanks for the ideas.   I am committed to turning this around now.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 262 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views