how long is the wait??

MKing214
on 8/7/14 9:37 am - omaha, NE

How long after your ds cld  you drink caffeine and have carbinated beverages????  I miss my coffee  and flavored water.... 

Valerie G.
on 8/7/14 10:04 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Caffeine slows healing, so once you're healed, your addiction should be over, but if you really want it, prolly a few weeks down the road is okay.  For carbonation, that took a while longer...like 6 months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lyss Remaly
on 8/8/14 3:02 am - Wheeling, IL

I'm 4 years out and I still can't do carbonated beverages.  That was the one thing I worked REALLY hard to totally cut out of my lifestyle becuase it just wasn't worth the pain it put me through.  Now, I don't even give them a second thought.  Coffee, I waited about a year and I'm doing fine with coffee now. 

PeteA
on 8/8/14 4:47 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I did caffeinated tea at about 3 months. I still haven't gotten back to carbonated beverages at 16 months.
I switched to crystal light instead.

Herman
on 8/9/14 9:53 am

I had no restrictions on coffee or carbonation. I had coffee 2 days after surgery and right at first one of the few things not giving me trouble drinking was flat diet coke. I drank that for at least the first 2 weeks while I was still in a Hotel recovering after surgery. I was in Brazil at the time and there the coffee was very strong, but it tasted great and I had no problems healing and losing. I drink coffee daily and carbonation some times but it's not my favorite drink. I'm 5 years out so I don't think it hurt me at all, but it did keep me hydrated, when nothing else seem to work. 
YMMV

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Nancy T.
on 8/19/14 3:08 am
DS on 07/16/13

I totally lost my taste for coffee after surgery.  They said I had to drink decaf, but since I couldn't stand the taste, I avoided it.  It took about 3 months before I could tolerate the flavor, and tried regular coffee.  I don't think the full appreciation has come back yet, but I do drink caffeinated now.  As for sodas, it was about six months before I attempted it.  I now drink diet sodas with no discomfort or any side effects -- but only 1 a day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views