Why do DSers poop first thing in the morning??

Huneypie
on 8/15/14 7:50 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm a little of 2 years out from being switched and I'm curious as to why I poop like clockwork first thing in the morning.

If anyone has any theories I'm curious to hear them. TIA 

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 8/15/14 7:52 pm - VA

Short gut. Fast transit time....

Thank goodness it's first thing in the morning rather than after getting to work.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 8/15/14 8:09 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yes, I'm glad I can plan this into my morning ritual.  I just find it odd that when I go rarely varies, unlike the old days ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

on 8/16/14 7:15 pm
Valerie G.
on 8/16/14 2:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Our digestive system does it's most work while we are at rest, bowels and kidneys.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 8/17/14 1:24 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Argh... it can get a bit annoying when you have to get up to dash to the bathroom - even weekends.  I've had to leave the hotel at 4am to catch a plane before and still have to get up at 3am so I can poop and shower LOL!! ;-)

I  my DS  

on 8/16/14 7:14 pm

Great question, hope people have the answers to this I am curious to know too.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

PeteA
on 8/17/14 1:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Valeries comment is interesting. I wonder if just being in the lying down position helps with that too.

Mikapooh82
on 8/17/14 2:36 am - Jamaica, NY
DS on 03/18/13

Yes I realized that standing up helps speed things along. For example, 99% of the time I have to make 2 short trips to the bathroom in the morning. If I'm being lazy & go back to bed after the 1st trip, I usually won't feel the need to go again until I get back up later on. But if I just find something else to do after the first trip, then I'll feel the need to make a 2nd trip in 5-10 minute tops!

Mika

Huneypie
on 8/18/14 2:56 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yes, I wonder if lying down does have an effect.  I sometimes go to bed with zero gas/bloating until I lie down and then, well... ya know ;-)

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views