Newbie here. re-sleeved added DS and a hiatal and ventral hernia repair

neamom
on 10/11/14 9:41 am

Hi all just starting my journey.  I was first sleeved in 2010, at the disappointment of my surgeon I refused a RNY at the time.  I was diabetic x 2 years, PCOS, hi choles, sleep apnea you name it.  I have never wanted the bypass and thought that I could get where I wanted with the sleeve.  I went from HW 265 to LW of only 220, and have maintained 240 ish for the last 4 years.  I was very scared and researched all of my options as I did not take having another surgery lightly.  I know now that I needed the metabolic effect to achieve my goal of getting my co-morbs under control.   It took me 18 months and backing out once to finally have a re-sleeve, DS and two hernias repaired on 10/06.  I have a great team-Dr.Kemmeter at GHP in MI.  I had my surgery on 10/06 still feeling rough and forcing liquids to stay hydrated.  I am always learning and growing and plan on maximizing any information I get to reach my goals.  I feel this journey takes a strong person, and a detail oriented person to keep up with all I will need to supplement and do, I'm thankful that I have had options and here's to support- I could use some. Thanks

MajorMom
on 10/11/14 7:29 pm - VA

Welcome!  It does take commitment and the forming of new habits.  There is great information posted on www.dsfacts.com, you might want to read there. Supplementation is nonnegotiable for sure. I tried my surgeon's plan but it just wasn't enough, so I switched to Vitalady's plan with the surgeon's blessing, and have had awesome labs every since. Ultimately, it's all up to you. Be strong!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 10/12/14 8:01 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Welcome. Feel free to ask anything. I think being detail oriented is a big plus.

D. Switcher
on 10/26/14 12:07 pm

I had similar experience. You are lucky to be re-sleeved with the DS. My surg was very conservative re re-sleeve and I am losing very slowly with plateaus....

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 45 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 619 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 227 views