Trying to get back on track

rhonda C.
on 11/2/14 10:43 am - PA

5 and half years out..gaining.

I was 287lb lost to 112lb,over the past year Ive been slowly gaining and now in the past few months Ive been gaining fast.???now Im a

whopping 160.wtf..???

I am in the middle of testing for mystery pain in my stomach and side.It seems that every drop of fat I eat,it come right out lately.

I do have symptoms of panaceas disfunction.Dr Bonanni did scope and requested a c-scan..still waiting.

Been on here more trying to get back on track,cause you guys are the best and I will always be grateful for all you helped me with.

trying to load up on protein..it doesn't seem to matter.My carbs are higher than before of course I got comfy eating what I want and still

lose,but the honey moon phase has ended and I am so  upset and afraid I wont be able to lose this .

Just wanted to say its nice to be back with you guys and I think I need to stay from now on to stay on track.

So go ahead and let me have it.lol

BTW..vits are good .

Rhonda 

beemerbeeper
on 11/2/14 11:14 am - AL

Hey Rhonda. I'm right here with you. I had a rough summer and gained way too much. I got back on track with my food choices starting October 1 and am working even harder this month and am posting my bites here with Makor Mom daily. I need to get back on track with exercise but am having trouble getting started. Stay put and help me and we'll help you!!

MajorMom
on 11/2/14 6:00 pm - VA

Sounds like some strange stuff is going on. I hope the doc gets you sorted out quickly.  Welcome back!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 11/2/14 11:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Feeling ill after eating fat rings gallbladder to me, for it's the key symptom Hubs had before he lost his.  Do you still have a GB that may be screaming to come out?

For getting back on track, you just do it.  It's hard and it sucks.  I have to do it a couple times a year when I notice my cravings are getting out of control. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 11/3/14 9:51 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

This is a good place to tryt and get back to basics. It can be pretty hard once the carbs come back in
BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!  

Here's hoping the Docs figure out your problems as fast as possible. For me it is harder to concentrate 
on protein when I am careening from one test to another.  

Good to see you are keeping up on your vits though.  

Pete

sparkle1980
on 11/4/14 10:59 pm
DS on 06/29/12

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time.  I had gained (unintentionally) 10 pounds from June until October and was feeling out of control.  I basically got comfortable.  And stopped exercising.  This week I got "back to basics" and have lost 2 pounds.  

I'm no expert, but this is what helped me: 

1.  FIT BIT (or any similar fitness tracker).  I aim for 10,000 steps a day.  I credit getting the steps in from doing the Couch to 5K app on my phone.  It's fun and helps motivate me (both the fitbit and the Couch to 5K app).

2.  TRACKING EVERYTHING I PUT IN MY MOUTH, food and liquids.  I do this on my fit bit app.  I was in complete denial before about what I was eating.  I was eating way too many carbs and didn't realize it.  This keeps me accountable.  It also helps me get my water in, which in turn decreases my cravings/appetite.  ALSO AVOIDING ALCOHOL.  

3.  Going to bed early.  I know this sounds so basic, but a good night's sleep is so important for wellness.  When I'm tired, I crave sweets (my downfall...sweets and carbs). 

4.  VITAMINS!!!  have you let your vitamins slide?  I sure did.  I am religious about it now.  I feel much better and my cravings are better.  

I hope this helps.  Again, I fight the battle every day, and will for the rest of my life.  I am no saint when it comes to weight loss or maintenance.  I just had a rough summer with letting things go and not being on top of things.  Glad I am going in a better direction in time for the holidays.  Good luck and we are always here to support you!  

Michelle

DS (lap) June 29, 2012
HW: 327
CW: 165
GW: 165

marriedmom
on 11/10/14 7:40 pm - Middleville, MI

I have been away for a loooong time but am struggling with weight gain after my husband died last year- Carbs were my "go to" comfort and now I need to lose 15 pounds of re-gain. I have been cutting out the bad carbs ( altho I do slip now and then) and am good in getting in my protein and vits but the weight is still coming on. I am freaking out! Should I go back to the nutritionist? if you got off track, what helped you get back on and be successful again? Thanks so much for being here, esp Major Mom who is the faithful one of the group! :)

5'1.5  HW 280 pre-op 270  GW 150  CW 147

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views