The importance of breakfast

beemerbeeper
on 11/1/14 11:35 pm - AL

I'm pretty sure that most of us skipped breakfast when we were overweight. We all have heard of the importance of breakfast and now post DS it is even more important. Breakfast is one of those "free" meals for me. All the meat eggs cheese and fat I want with no guilt!!  It starts my metabolism running tastes great and sets me up for a successful day. 

Currently I am eating bacon and eggs for breakfast but it is time to cook a huge low carb breakfast casserole that I can eat on for days. (Thanks Jeff N for the recipe.)

What is breakfast for you?

Sumundo311
on 11/2/14 1:46 am - Saskatoon, Canada

I always start off with a protein shake, it is easy and fast at least Monday to Friday. Weekends tend to be bacon and eggs, type of stuff - cream cheese pancakes 

Enjoy your breakfast

Susan

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

fullhousemom
on 11/2/14 4:01 am
I have been eating two sausage patties that I take directly from the freezer to the pan and cook (no need to thaw). Cook for a bit, then thrwo two eggs in the pan. Flip the eggs, and throw some cheese on top.

It is embarrassingly easy and quick to make, and I have no idea why I thought eating breakfast would take too much time.
beemerbeeper
on 11/2/14 4:03 am - AL

Sounds delicious!  

PeteA
on 11/2/14 6:38 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I was never a big breakfast person. Now I make sure that I start the day with a protein shake.
Eggs and cheese sometimes for a second breakfast too.  :)

NoreenRT
on 11/2/14 8:24 am - Warner Robins, GA
On November 2, 2014 at 6:35 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:

I'm pretty sure that most of us skipped breakfast when we were overweight. We all have heard of the importance of breakfast and now post DS it is even more important. Breakfast is one of those "free" meals for me. All the meat eggs cheese and fat I want with no guilt!!  It starts my metabolism running tastes great and sets me up for a successful day. 

Currently I am eating bacon and eggs for breakfast but it is time to cook a huge low carb breakfast casserole that I can eat on for days. (Thanks Jeff N for the recipe.)

What is breakfast for you?

I usually eat on the run so it's turkey bacon and a good quality cheddar cheese that I've cut into sticks.

the weekends I have more time to be creative with my breakfast choices. Right now I enjoy soft boiled 4 minute eggs.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

teachmid
on 11/2/14 9:04 am - OKC, OK
I have bacon and a protein shake almost every morning. I wish I liked eggs more. I have a temperamental stomach and generally can't eat sausage or scrambled eggs,

Wish I could come up with some creative new ideas
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sanscarpaci
on 11/2/14 12:49 pm - souderton, PA
DS on 11/23/12

2 protein shakes to begin (syntrax lemon tea). A little while later, Fage greek yogurt and cottage cheese double (with fruit).

Susan

228/123/120
preop/current/goal

Revision surgery from lapband to DS on 23-Nov-2012

sanscarpaci
on 11/2/14 12:50 pm - souderton, PA
DS on 11/23/12

2 protein shakes to begin (syntrax lemon tea). A little while later, Fage greek yogurt and cottage cheese double (with fruit).

Susan

228/123/120
preop/current/goal

Revision surgery from lapband to DS on 23-Nov-2012

andy M.
on 11/2/14 1:23 pm - fairfax, VA
with

hello beemerbeeper, i was reading your post and had a quick question for you. May i ask you for the recipe you have for the breakfast casserole you have? I am the type of person who cooks 1 meal in the crock pot and i meal in a small casserole dish and i eat them for lunch and dinner ALL week long. But when it comes to breakfast i usually just have eggs and some type of protein (chicken/turkey sausage, bacon, ham, etc..) But  i would prefer just to make a casserole for the week so all i have to do is heat it up. I used to have a recipe pre-op that i loved, but it had a full can or 2 of crescent rolls in it for the bottom of the casserole and since i no longer eat breads since surgery i was curious to see what your recipe was. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 279 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 753 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views