Going it Alone

Jason W.
on 11/17/14 11:05 am - Ione, CA

I am wondering if anyone else out there has went through this alone or am i in trouble because I have no 'support base' in real life? I have a mother who was supposed to come help me after the surgery but she is showing little to no interest in me losing weight. She has some mental issues and has a serious narcissist disorder, but she is the only person i have in my life.

For example I confided in her tonight how I was worried that i gained weight this month for the first time in 7 month, 18 pounds to be exact. She just laughed at me and told me to stop being so dramatic. Yet i am scared that I lost control this month, as I have posted previously, and I am nervous that I haven't been able to reign back in yet.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? It just feels like extra weight I dont need any more and if going it alone one last time in life is what it takes then I will.

Trying_Again2
on 11/17/14 3:58 pm

Jason,

I have the family, but they are against it ...so i too am sort of going it alone....I would love to chat on a messenger privately sometime....I use Yahoo, and Facebook only. Holidays are here and the temptations are plenty , Show your Mom your serious and you can do it....

airbender
on 11/17/14 6:48 pm

yes I went and still go alone, my family knew about about my lap band, which they flipped out about, so when I converted to the DS, there would be no way I would tell anyone, and years later they still dont know.  I had to fly to get my DS, hotel, taxi, back to hotel etc. Yes I did it alone, I realized I had to do it alone my family would not help me anyway so why tell them?  if anything they would have just made this experience nit picking everything.  this is not that uncommon those who have supportive families are amazing.  Do what you have to do, no it is not the best to do it alone, I would have loved for my family to be on board to help etc,  but you have to do what id best for your health.

Valerie G.
on 11/18/14 5:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was the opposite - i had people around and I sent them away to do chores and leave me alone.  I know of several who even went it alone in Mexico - so you've totally got this.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Crazeru
on 11/18/14 7:21 am

Hi Jason,

The Sacramento DS group is meeting on Thursday at Golden Corral at 6pm on Watt above I-80.  I can't make it this month but Colleen is our leader and I can let her know you are coming.

My family didn't like that I was getting the DS, but I was more afraid of diabetes than what they thought.  My daughter did do my shopping the first few weeks and brought in the dog food bags for me.  If you need something heavy, get it before surgery or ask for help.  Are you looking to have surgery with Rabkin?

I'm in Sac in the Natomas area. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/14 2:22 am

Hi Jason,

It is a little scary to go it alone but many people including myself have done it. I had a Single Loop DS 13 days ago, and I did not mention it to any friends or family. They would have overreacted and made it much harder for me if I included them. The hospital, doctors and nurses will take good care of you while you're in there. When you come home, the first few days are hard but it gets much much better with each passing day.

You'll get through it, and it wouldn't take long before you start to reap substantial benefits. Your recent weight gain will not matter at all. It will be guaranteed to come off quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views