Medic Alert Bracelet - yes or no?

kddub
on 11/25/14 1:37 am
DS on 10/10/14

Do us DS'ers need medic alert jewelry to notify emergency personnel of our switch?

HW 310  CW 222   SW 295  GW 175

DS 10/10/14 by Dr. Ranjan Sudan - Duke Medicine

MsBatt
on 11/25/14 5:20 am

No.

PattyL
on 11/25/14 6:00 am

No.  You can be scoped just like anyone else.  You have a stomach, not a pouch.

airbender
on 11/25/14 10:04 am

if your only issue is DS it is not necessary; but if you feel better there is nothing wrong with having one. 

If you have the DS and other issues that will compound with the DS, for instance, thyroidectomy and DS if you are incapacitated (coma etc)  for any lenght of time then I would say yes as that combination can be difficult to diagnose unless you know to look for it, and by the time it is found can have severe complications.

PeteA
on 11/28/14 3:00 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Nahhh. I do think you might carry a card with the description in your wallet but I never
got around to that. 

Vicki PNW
on 11/29/14 8:54 am, edited 11/29/14 8:54 am

I wear a medical alert bracelet for a different reason.  There would not be any room on mine to include the DS. 

I have heard of others creating wallet-sized cards describing the DS to be carried in their wallets.  I don't recall which surgeon may have that card in the website, but it could be Dr. Rabkins or Dr. K or both.  I could probably take a sample to a Fed Ex Office store (or Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, or any other printing service store) and have that made into a laminated wallet-sized card.

Others may create flash drives to explain the DS and possibly include their surgical reports and other essential info.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 158 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 696 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views