Back from Mexican Vacation at 3 months

Brandy G.
on 12/22/14 11:53 am
DS on 08/20/14

I just spent a few weeks living at a hotel with many relatives on the beach in Mexico.  I was three months past surgery and I really wasn't sure if my body was going to be up for it.  Not only was I losing the control of cooking for myself, not only was I losing control of my schedule, but we didn't rent a car so I knew I had to think ahead.  Also, my attitude sucked.  I was a little bitter about having to be extra vigilant because I just wanted to have fun on the beach and not worry about food and digestive issues. 

But, it was great!!  I had no real issues.  On the downside, I was nowhere near as compliant about vitamins.   Also, I'm used to a mild Seattle climate and especially at first, getting enough liquid and food in the heat was a challenge.  On the upside, we often stayed at the hotel's beach, I was actually nearer to a private bathroom than usual.  But from what I could tell, I had fewer gastric anomalies than some other people did.   I lost about 3 lbs a week so even though I had to get creative on my diet a few times, it didn't change my overall loss rate.   

With the timing, I almost didn't do this vacation.  I am not sure at 2.5 months my body would have been up for it.  The first few months after surgery were rough.  Besides the DS I had to deal with complications surrounding swallowing.  I still have a few occasional bad days, but it is good to be feeling strong and resilient again. 

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

airbender
on 12/22/14 12:59 pm

that is amazing, sounds like a great time, 3 lbs/week amazing.  now it is time to get back to taking all your vit/min.

who can spend weeks vacationing?  it sounds incredible on the beach, good for you, I want to go too,  great job, just dont foget the big picture and stay healthy.

Brandy G.
on 12/22/14 1:23 pm
DS on 08/20/14

The advantage of being your own boss is that your work can follow you.  The disadvantage of being your own boss is that your work *does* follow you.  :-)

:-)

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 270 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 745 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views