1 month update

Star0210
on 12/26/14 8:31 am
DS on 11/28/14

1 month update.

I'm 4 weeks out today from my VSG to DS revision with a partial re-sleeve. Progressed to a regular diet this week. I've had zero complications, problems, or issues. So far, absolutely nothing I've eaten has caused me any problems. I can eat a bit more than I could after my original VSG and that would be because I only had a partial re-sleeve. The top/side part of my sleeve was fine but the bottom wasn't touched at all in my original surgery. So I imagine I have a lot less swelling in there. My only issue and I had it before my revision is constipation. Now that I'm on a regular diet, I'm hoping adding more fat will help things along. I'm working on it. Have no problem getting in adequate fluids and protein. Taking the vitalady DS regimen. I went into surgery weighing 195. A couple of days ago I was 182. I didn't weigh today. I did take 1month measurements though and I've lost a total of 10.5 inches...mostly from my waist, hips, and chest. I'll take it!

Satisfied with how things are going although I was expecting more changes...I almost wish I had an issue with something so I'd know I had more than just a re-sleeve. Given I've only started eating real food this week, I suppose it's still too early to tell if that will be true forever.

airbender
on 12/26/14 11:06 am

great news Star, how amazing.  Hopefully your consitpation will be gone with your DS now.  if not it is easily resolved, let me know if you need help in the future.  13 lbs in a month, excelllent.  now that you have started eating "real food" you should see a difference.  on the road to a quick recovery.

Ruby1967
on 12/28/14 9:56 am

It's so encouraging to see the progress you are making. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences and journey. 

It really sounds like  you will succeed with this surgery.  

Good for You!!!  Pat yourself on the back for taking this leap of faith!

All we can trust is our own intuition. 

Many Blssings,

Ruby 

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views