Surprise weight loss!!!

JazzyOne9254
on 1/9/15 7:45 pm

I am now 154.6 ...not a cause for celebration.

I'm now 14 pounds below my PCP's limit of 160, and I can't figure out why.

I still drink my shakes, for protein and added carbs and calories, I've been eating like there's

tomorrow, with the holidays just ending, and I have not done any extra duty in the exercise

department.

I'll be 6 years out next month (2/25), and have been working very hard to keep my weight

stable.

Has anyone else had these "surprise" weight losses?  What did you do about it?  I already take

Creon, but the "Freight Train" appears to be in runaway mode again, just as it was when my DS

was new.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

SWEETMEL7
on 1/10/15 10:54 am - NY

Hi ! I had the SADI with De Roslin on 12/3/13.  HW 268 and now I around 111-115.  I went to see the surgeon in August because my weight continued to drop!! Dr Roslin said that if I eat three eggs a day this will stabilize weight loss and he is right because it worked for me.  I 

dropped about  5/7 lbs since August not bad compared to the weight I was dropping... 

JazzyOne9254
on 1/12/15 12:47 am

I'm wondering if that will work with the original DS anatomy, since SADI is configured

differently.

High protein doesn't stop my weight loss, it actually speeds it up!

The behavior of my DS has been "different" from jump street.  I'm not complaining, because I

do have Creon to help put the weight loss in check, and at least stabilize things.  Sometimes it

takes a minute, but the Creon does what it's supposed to do!  It's just frustrating to have to

deal with this, especially when I "sleep" the weight off, and get the kind of surprise I got on

"Weigh Day" last week!

SWEETMEL7
on 1/12/15 1:50 am - NY

since 8/14 to now i lost 8/10 pounds compared to losing 2-4 pounds a week from 12/3/13 to 8/13. I went from 268 to 111.

JazzyOne9254
on 1/27/15 5:00 am

Wow, that's a lot for that time span!  What's your dietitian and or your surgeon/PCP saying about it?

Maybe increasing/adding shakes will help.

SWEETMEL7
on 1/27/15 5:17 am - NY
SWEETMEL7
on 1/27/15 5:18 am - NY

I have an appointment next week to meet with the surgeon and nutritionist.  My BMI is 19.8 so as long as it don't go as low as 18.5. The weight  loss has stabilized compared to where it was before.  

Sunshine16
on 1/25/15 9:18 pm

Jazzy,

I am going 5 years out and still trying to learn the DS pattern, all I know is its very temperamental.  The slightest adjustment causes a change in my body, kind of scary.  However, my body habits is so strange, like all I did was snack this weekend and eat, and I dropped a pound in a half.....   My appetite is crazy most of the time.  I wonder if it has anything to do with me stop taking my iron because Vitalady was out... I can not figure out this surgery. 

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

JazzyOne9254
on 1/27/15 5:06 am, edited 1/27/15 5:23 am

My appetite is crazy most of the time.  But, if it wasn't where would I be as a DSer?  The whole idea of this surgery is not to be deprived, with no restritive dieting, and it does take a lot more nutrients to maintain.  I think we all knew what we were signing up for in that respect.  

I can't speak for everyone, but I do know that I make good decisions in terms of choosing nutrient-dense foods, and meeting my protein needs.  I augment with shakes, because it is impossible to eat as much solid food as I need to maintain my nutrition.

I just seem to be amazed at how my DS keeps chugging away, after nearly 6 years, and I read so many posts from people who have had regain and are fighting to get back down to goal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 259 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views