What do you spend your 50 carbs on?

Brandy G.
on 3/14/15 8:57 am
DS on 08/20/14

I save mine for yummier supplements, protein powders, vegetables and fruit but now that I'm at six months I've been thinking that perhaps I could introduce more varied foods. 

Veterans:  Please pretend you only have ~50 net carbs a day.

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

PattyL
on 3/14/15 2:37 pm

50?  Really?  50 is a big day for me.  And I am almost 13 years postop.  And I never reached goal either.

I wish someone had told me not to eat ANY carbs till I was 10% below goal.  The only good carb is the one I don't eat.

MajorMom
on 3/14/15 7:43 pm - VA

Now, it's Greek yogurt w/blueberries...mostly.  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Star0210
on 3/14/15 11:49 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Well...I'm not a DS vet...only 3.5 months out from my VSG to DS conversion. But I've had the sleeve since 2010. 

I stay under 30g total per day. 

My pure protein RTD cans have 4g and I have one of those for breakfast pretty much every day.  Sometimes I have Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt which has like 12 I think....I don't eat those everyday. Every now and then if I don't bring my lunch to work I'll pick up one chicken breast from Popeyes and that has 16g of carbs if you eat the breading. I eat veggies and salads. My hubby made me some low carb peanut butter cookies Friday...I ate two of them. That had like 2 or 3 per cookie. Yesterday he made me fried cheese...breaded with almond flour, Parmesan cheese and seasoning. A few grams there. Ive also had the small mission brand low carb tortilla stuffed with ground beef, cheese, and sour cream. 

I just don't eat anything if my numbers for the day don't allow it. So everything is a conscious decision. 

K P.
on 3/15/15 5:15 am
DS on 07/08/14

I'm at 7 months. I love salted caramel almonds by blue diamond or cocoa dusted almonds. They really aren't high carb though, 1 oz only has 4 net carb, but it usually satisfies my sweet tooth. Sometimes I have a piece of dark chocolate, I savor every bite. But again thats also pretty low carb. 

Now, when I am going to splurge a little (but I cut back elsewhere) I get a flat white at Starbucks. I love Starbucks and I am in love with the flat whites. Usually I will get a "short" or 8oz. If you don't know what a flat white is, the Starbucks version is 1.5oz (2 short shots) of single origin coffee beans (this is what I am really liking right now) and about 6 oz steamed whole milk. This is about 7-8 grams of carbs. 

I also will occasionally splurge on a few good french fries or a few bites of mashed potatoes. 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views