Anyone with back pain during the weight loss phase - after surgery???

kddub
on 4/7/15 3:34 am
DS on 10/10/14

I am 6 months out, 75 pounds down and everything has gone OUTSTANDING - EXCEPT that I have had back pain in the middle of my back (right side) since after my surgery.  It doesn't hurt if I sit and lean back or lie down.  The pain is terrible when standing/walking.  I have been to 2 chiropractors and a medical masseuse (3 - 90 minute sessions).  None of us can figure out where the pain is coming from.  The only common thing is that I didn't have it before my surgery.  The masseuse and I were talking and wondering if it could be caused by the physical changes in my body and the weight distribution.

Have any of you had this?  If so - what did you do to get rid of it???

HW 310  CW 222   SW 295  GW 175

DS 10/10/14 by Dr. Ranjan Sudan - Duke Medicine

hollykim
on 4/7/15 9:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM Pacific Time, kddub wrote:

I am 6 months out, 75 pounds down and everything has gone OUTSTANDING - EXCEPT that I have had back pain in the middle of my back (right side) since after my surgery.  It doesn't hurt if I sit and lean back or lie down.  The pain is terrible when standing/walking.  I have been to 2 chiropractors and a medical masseuse (3 - 90 minute sessions).  None of us can figure out where the pain is coming from.  The only common thing is that I didn't have it before my surgery.  The masseuse and I were talking and wondering if it could be caused by the physical changes in my body and the weight distribution.

Have any of you had this?  If so - what did you do to get rid of it???

do you still have your gallbladder? Right side back pain is a classic symptom.

kddub
on 4/7/15 10:28 pm
DS on 10/10/14

Gall bladder went with 3/4 of my stomach during the DS - thanks for the idea!!

smartycat
on 4/7/15 9:30 am - MI
DS on 04/27/15

Are you sure it is back pain?  Kidney stones often masquerade as back pain and with it being one sided, I would be even more suspicious.

kddub
on 4/7/15 10:28 pm
DS on 10/10/14

It is a little higher than the kidneys - kind of under my shoulder blade.

fullhousemom
on 4/8/15 12:49 am
I had my first "back attack" about seven months after surgery. I had power washed my porch, my patio, my driveway, etc and the next day I had severe spasms in my lower back. I got rid of my Lazyboy recliners, which made a huge difference. I also find that when I get gassy and bloated, my back will seize on me.

About three months after surgery, I had a pinched nerve in my neck which caused shoulder pain, headaches, and tingling in my arms.

Our bodies undergo huge changes with so much weightloss, nd ll of our muscles are used differently than before. And we tend to do more phsicl activity than before, and use more or different muscles.

Physical therapy was a godsend for my pinched nerve. I would suggest going to a doctor, pinpointing where your pain is, and working with a physical therapist to strenghten the area that is causing your problems.

Growing older takes a toll on our bodies as well....
kddub
on 4/8/15 7:05 am
DS on 10/10/14

Thanks so much for your reply.  I have been avoiding going to the Ortho doctor but I am beginning to think that I need to so I have a gateway to the physical therapist!  Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 105 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 655 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views