major NSV: closet purge #1!

Pianolover
on 5/2/15 5:53 am

Finally did the first closet purge today, tried on and filled a big rubbermaid container of clothing that I've been wearing the last 3 or so years. I started at a very tight size 22 pant and now I'm somewhere in between 18 and 20. In the dresses, I can comfortably wear some 16 and 18 dresses :)

The weird thing though...I'm a little sad about getting rid of some of those awesome dresses. I guess that wearing some of those dresses made me feel beautiful, when most of the time I did NOT feel beautiful. As we all know, flattering plus size dresses are hard to find...when I did find one I felt like I wanted to keep it forever! I kept telling my mom, "I want to keep it, I can just get it taken in!"  However, I know that as I lose weight, beautiful pieces of clothing won't be so far and few between.

thanks for letting me share, i'm excited for the many more NSV to come!

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

MajorMom
on 5/2/15 7:08 pm - VA

Good for you!  Yes, it's definitely a turning point when you can release those clothes. Offer them to a women's shelter or something that might help fill the emotional void.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

K P.
on 5/5/15 3:27 am
DS on 07/08/14

I remember going through that phase. Wanting to just hold onto it because well, that was my old way of thinking. I am not a very materialistic person so that has really helped me let go of a lot of clothing. And guess what? I now have some pretty awesome clothes, but I know they won't last! That is bittersweet. Oh and if you find something you like along the way but its a tad to small, buy it! It will fit in a week or two. No joke. 

One thing I did was start selling my old clothes on eBay. My husband suggested it and it has been amazing. You would be surprised at how quickly items sell, especially some larger items. It does take patience however, because not everything sells the first time through, or the second. And $5 here and $5 there doesn't seem like a lot. But for me, I had a full closet, maybe on the smallish side, and between the clothes I sold of mine, and then my husbands after his surgery I have netted about $1,200 in my paypal account after about 9 months. Not too shabby. It has really helped me be able to go and spend a little more on pieces I truly enjoy now, versus going to the thrift store for everything! Oh, and even if I buy something at the thrift store I still sell it on eBay. We can talk more about how I do this if you are interested. 

Anyway best of luck and way to go!!!

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views