2,2,2 scoops or 1?

Jaiart
on 5/8/15 6:12 pm - MI

Hey there ds vets, are you still doing 50g in one serving of protein shake or just the 1 scoop?

PattyL
on 5/8/15 7:49 pm

You can do 2 scoops if you want.  No worries.

Jaiart
on 5/9/15 6:59 am - MI

just trying to get a sense of what other vets are doing. I mean the proteins pretty expensive so if its not being utilized when I do 2 scoops I would just cut it back to 1, however if the theory of no more than 25 to 30 grams of protein uptake at one time is not accurate then I would just as soon keep double scooping.

NoreenRT
on 5/9/15 6:02 pm - Warner Robins, GA

Many years ago I read a post from VitaLady. She quoted a university study that stated we could only benefit from 30 grams of protein in a 60 minute period. Don't know if this is true, but protein powder is too expensive so I aim for 30 grams only.

my protein and albumin labs have always been in the good range.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

PattyL
on 5/9/15 10:52 pm

All this 30gr stuff started years ago with muscle/body builders.  I have great respect for Vitalady but the 30gr thing is a myth.  It has a life of it's own and lives in the internet.  What is true is that the body will only use part of what you take in to build muscle.  The rest of the amino acids are still used by the body.

But we are not extreme body builders....  We are malabsorbers who need a high protein diet.  We need the amino acids.  We aren't trying to rebuild muscles torn up by extreme workouts.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 102 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 652 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views