Consult fees AFTER failed DS surgery...

nicholivolkoff
on 5/11/15 2:04 pm - Canada

I had aDS revision from VSG 2 years ago, gained 30 pounds since. I asked my surgeon, Dr. Gagner of Montreal, why this was such a fail. He asked for an upper GI and bloodwork. So, now that he has them, he is asking a 100 dollar fee to give me the consult....NICE. Just thought I would let you guys know, not all surgeries are a success, and surgeons make you pay after the surgery for bull****

airbender
on 5/11/15 4:17 pm

I would suggest not to go back to Gagner and not because he requested 100$ fee.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

danielle1964
on 5/13/15 6:50 pm
On May 11, 2015 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, airbender wrote:

I would suggest not to go back to Gagner and not because he requested 100$ fee.

May I ask why?

MsBatt
on 5/31/15 4:43 am

Back in 2003 when I was researching, Gagner had an excellent reputation as a DS surgeon. However, in recent years a number of people have reported his reluctance to do a complete DS, preferring to do a two-step surgery---and not always fulfilling his promise to complete the process. He's also disappeared on some people---suddenly moved his practice with no warning and no follow-through.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/15/15 7:44 pm

I've heard plenty about Gagner since arriving here in '07, and most not good. Any possibility you could go to a respectable surgeon, and they can get the GI transferred to them?

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/16/15 10:16 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Really? I actually found him through this site, read some very good things about him on OH (about surgical skills, not the 'nice guy stuff') and had my VSG with him almost three years ago. Am doing fabulously. I guess I am lucky?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

challie
on 5/29/15 1:31 pm

I have also had a good experience with him.  My surgery went perfectly and no real problems since.  I have contacted him a few times post surgery for lab suggestions and he did charge me $100.00 after the first year, but I paid him.  He responds consistently and quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views