Losing and loving it, I am ready for the next step

Jason W.
on 8/23/15 11:34 pm - Ione, CA

Ready for the next step I'm looking to join a bariatric support group in my area. I live in Amador County but can travel to Stockton or Modesto to  meet I really just want to talk with others who have had the same situation as me. I want to break down the social stigma that I've lived with and stop hiding  Who I am and learn to be comfortable with me. If you know of any such group that meets in this area please feel free to contact.

This is a step I fear the most I didn't want to confront myself around others but now I need to. I need to know that I'm not alone and there are others out there you're going through what I'm going through. I am now 4 months post op and losing weight steadily but starting to hit pitfalls and falling the trap of old habits I have no one to talk to about it so will understand. If anyone out there knows of a group or wants to start a group in this area please let's get together and start this I am ready to move to the next step. With much love and respect Jason Wilson.

Weaura
on 8/24/15 5:54 pm

I'm not in your area at all. I reached out on this site looking for people in my area to try to join a group but had no response. What I did discover is that I found a lot of help just from posting questions, sharing experiences etc on this site. You might be able to at least get some help this way. 

buffalobillsfan
on 8/24/15 9:18 pm - CA

Dr Rabkin has support group meetings and everyone is welcome.  One is in Stockton and one is in San Francisco.  Below is the info:

CALIFORNIA

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
For more information please call our office.

Stockton
Date: Last Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 - 8 PM
Place: U J's Restaurant
7628 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95207
(Corner of Pacific and Hammer)
For More Information Call: Bill (209) 952-0961

Jason W.
on 8/24/15 11:42 pm - Ione, CA

I plan on going to the Wensday one in Stockton...Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views