Surgery Scheduled... any advice, etc?

BebeZed
on 9/7/15 1:37 pm - Bellingham, WA

Hi everyone! I have finally gotten my surgery scheduled (revision lap band --> DS) for October 3rd. Any advice about what I should do/buy now and so on? I've stocked up on the stuff the doctor's office says I'll need but there is no better advice than from those who have been there... 

Thanks in advance!

south2north
on 9/7/15 5:04 pm
DS on 11/19/14

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! I too was a lap band to DS revision and it was the best decision I ever made. Outside of the "normal" things you need to have on hand, like water, Crystal Light, protein shakes, etc. I would suggest that you get a few boxes of different types of mild herbal tea.  I had nausea so bad in the beginning and it helped a lot.  Also, I would get a bottle of milk of magnesia, which was a blessing when I was constipated. Good luck and best wishes on your journey!

BebeZed
on 9/7/15 10:53 pm - Bellingham, WA

Thank you! I hadn't really thought of herbal teas and although I usually have some on hand, it doesn't look like I've got much left. I've put that on the list, as well as the milk of magnesia.  

I'm a bit nervous about all this but at the same time I can't wait to get this show on the road!

south2north
on 9/8/15 9:56 am
DS on 11/19/14

Just relax and be patient with yourself during the learning process.  The time (and numbers on the scale) will pass quickly!

Special26k
on 9/15/15 10:34 pm

Get up and start walking ASAP. It truly helps get rid of your stomach pain caused by gas. 

Take your own pillow and a back scratcher if you have one. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views