The skinny on full fat?

BC_Girl
on 10/27/15 4:25 pm - SURREY, BC CANADA, Canada

I have been reading the "what did you eat today" posts and I notice that some are going full fat while others are low fat. Just wondering about the outcomes. Does full fat cause malodorous/ oily gas or stool? Is low fat noticeably better for weight loss stages?

thanks!

MajorMom
on 10/28/15 2:02 am - VA

During the early stages full fat may cause you really loose stools, so some folks avoid it. I never really avoided it but I didn't go crazy with fat either, more everything-in-moderation and stood by to see how my system handled things.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 10/28/15 11:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Low fat had me constipated instantly. Odors and gas are usually caused by carbs and intolerances to things like milk, whey, onions, etc.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

stacy T.
on 10/30/15 3:55 pm - San Francisco, CA

I find that a higher fat diets keeps my whole system running better. It can make stools looser sometimes, depending on what you eat with it, but it also makes the digestion go smoother (for me) with less discomfort.

I like low fat milk better than whole milk, but eat whole cottage cheese and other dairy, including ricotta and yoghurt.

I am generous with the butter and mayo. I view it as greasing the system to keep things moving along.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/15 7:51 pm

I'm a full fat fan and add butter, whipped cream and ice cream to my diet every day. The weight practically falls off, and any gas issues are more sugar driven for me than fat driven.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views