weight gain

Flower91
on 3/24/16 8:10 am

Has anyone ever heard of doing a revision after the DS?  I had my DS in 2010 and did really good lost 100+ , but throughout all this I was having terriable odor problems, I smelt like an outhouse, I literally smelt like poop.  I doctored and dentist and the only thing my DS surgeon could do is revise my intestines back to normal so now my intestines are like they used to be and I have gained back most of my weight.  I feel like a looser!  Can I get a revision on my pouch to make it smaller to help me loose this weight????? Please help me

PattyL
on 3/24/16 3:39 pm

If diets don't work for you it will do you no good to have a smaller sleeve.  The sleeve is supposed to stretch.  And a new sleeve will stretch too.  You may lose some but it will probably come back.  If you had a DS, you don't have a pouch.  You have a sleeve.

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/16 5:22 am

Sounds like you need to talk to your surgeon and to your NUT. Find out how much of your stomach was removed, might not be enough left to be worth more surgery if it is possible. Then you need to get back to basics and a restricted diet. Many people lose weight with a plication and that leaves your stomach intact just smaller. You can do this. Up your exercise, plan healthy meals and keep reading here. So much here to help one stay on track. Sorry you had such a bad experience and result after two surgeries and good luck to you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views