Dr. Garcia and duodenal switch....seeking info

rgjujitsu
on 2/22/17 1:29 pm

Thank you!

Kathy S.
on 2/22/17 3:03 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is what I found out for you.  Dr. Esquerra is the prodigy of Dr. Ungson. He personally trained with Dr. Ungson for several years before Dr. Ungson took a political appointment for the local government to help with the Medical tourism guidelines for Mexico.  

Dr. Esquerra has preform over 600 DS procedure and that's not including the surgery he assisted Dr. Ungson with. Mexicali Bariatric use the Facilities at Hospital Almater as since 1985.   

If you need to speak to Nina her number is 619-917-9028.  

Stay in touch and let me know how it goes....

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

rgjujitsu
on 2/22/17 8:16 pm

Thanks so much.   I did reach out to Nina and his current rate is 11.5k all in. I know you get what you pay for but the other surgeon is 7k and has positive reviews from other procedures.  it's a tough call because I'm a pizza man and money is a big factor for me. 

larra
on 2/22/17 9:14 pm - bay area, CA

Having positive reviews from "other procedures" is worthless. If anything, it tells you that he spends his time doing other procedures and not doing the DS, which is a very specialized operation. If he had positive reviews for doing the DS, you would have been directed to them. You aren't seeing them because they don't exist.

I understand the importance of finances (I've been called cheap more than once!) but this isn't the place to save money. 11K for a major, complex surgery with several days in the hospital is extremely reasonable. Don't sell yourself short, scrimp elsewhere and not on you life.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 2/23/17 7:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If he has great reviews for other procedures, then get one of those procedures he's perfected.  Do not base his DS skills on this, though.  It's apples and potatoes here.  Not many surgeons do this procedure at all and there have been some really scary nightmares out of MX for cut-rate DS surgeons.  There is a gal named Larissa that fell for the price, and she nearly died when she got home.  The surgeon messed up and hurried her onto a plane as fast as he could so she wouldn't be his problem.  Once home, no local doc would touch her.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views