Wisconsin DS Surgeons ?

bluewillow68
on 4/17/17 8:27 pm - Richland Center , Wi

I'm looking for info on barbaric surgeries and their coverage by Badgercare or not currently? Anyone with current information please let me know. I have multiple medical issues and MUST lose the weight.

larra
on 4/18/17 1:31 pm - bay area, CA

Last I knew there were no DS surgeons in your state. You might want to check into Dr. Ikramuddin in Minnesota, and for sure Drs. Prachand and Alverdy in Chicago do the DS. I can't think of anyone closer offhand.

Larra

chevtow41
on 4/18/17 6:46 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Barbaric?? Lol typo !!

I actually had surgery with Dr. Engstrand with Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare in Waukesha. He doesn't do tons of DS and made it sound to me that he only does it for people who understand the surgery and take charge of their health. He was impressed with my knowledge of the surgery pre-op.

Like most docs he's lacking in vitamin knowledge and their nutritionists are crazy wrong. He is quite anal and a perfectionist - my surgery was very long but he double and triple checks everything.

I've had great success (275lbs lost) and would not hesitate to recommend him.

I have zero idea if he takes Badgercare.

By the way it is a true DS not a SADI/SIPS.

bluewillow68
on 4/18/17 6:58 pm - Richland Center , Wi

Damn autocorrect....lol. I'm just starting to research wls so I haven't learned all the terms yet. When I went to a back surgeon about 5 yrs ago and he wanted me to lose weight he suggested a weight loss program that involved a liquid diet. But MA wouldn't cover it then. Only seeing a nutritionist was covered. I haven't picked the hmo yet so trying to find what's available and who covers which options.

chevtow41
on 4/18/17 7:19 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Sent PM

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views