Today is the beginning of a new life

Waterfall118
on 4/19/17 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Sherri. I've posted in other forums here but new to this specific one. I had my initial bariatric consult today and though I thought I was going to do gastric after a thorough consultation it looks like I'm a better candidate for the Switch. :) I really like the center I'm going to. The doctor has a great bedside manner. I'm easily intimidated by doctors. The whole staff was friendly and encouraging and I felt at home at the center. I have a 6 month process before they can submit to insurance. I still have to read more on the Switch and how it is different than gastric. So much to learn.

My first goals now are cutting out soda. My main addiction so that will be tough for me but baby steps right. The doctor wants me to start with healthier eating, and begin a food journal and walking 4-5 times a week. We meet again in a month. I can do this right. :)

Any advice/tips from DS vets for a newbie. Looking to make this my new home for support through this process. Thanks. :)

Sherri surgery scheduled 11/20/17!

"An incredibly SMART, AMAZING, HANDSOME, SILLY KID with AUTISM ROCKS my entire WORLD." I asked my son once what he would tell people to help them know more about Autism. He said, "I would want them to know that even Albert Einstein had autism."

HW: 312

CW: 286.4

MajorMom
on 4/19/17 5:18 pm, edited 4/19/17 10:18 am - VA

Welcome aboard, Sherri. Sounds like you're off to a great start. You might start doing research on the vitamins you'll have to take and low carb ways of eating. There are a few Facebook groups for DSrs that are quite active. Let me know if you want to join one of those too.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Waterfall118
on 4/19/17 5:28 pm

Yes I would love more support groups. :) Thanks.

Sherri surgery scheduled 11/20/17!

"An incredibly SMART, AMAZING, HANDSOME, SILLY KID with AUTISM ROCKS my entire WORLD." I asked my son once what he would tell people to help them know more about Autism. He said, "I would want them to know that even Albert Einstein had autism."

HW: 312

CW: 286.4

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 81 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views