Low libido?

Fire_Ice
on 1/18/18 9:23 pm
DS on 10/25/17

Just about everything I've read online says that for most DS'ers sex drastically improves after the surgery because of self-confidence and change in appearance. I'm almost three months out and I have no desire at all. I have also read that sometimes this happens, that libido can be affected by rapid weight loss (for me, down 70 pounds in those 90 days), but that it's not as common. Anyone else experience this, and did it improve as time went on?

MajorMom
on 1/19/18 2:02 am - VA

Yes, and others post about it too. I was "lucky" enough to be close to menopause that I was able to get my GYN to prescribe hormone replacements that included estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. We have 3 key hormones and we need to have estrogen and testosterone in our systems to get that zing back. After a hysterectomy, I'm on estrogen and testosterone; no progesterone.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 1/21/18 12:18 am
Jester
on 1/29/18 9:57 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I had an RNY, but experienced a complete and total loss of libido. It started gradually after surgery, but by a about 6 months post-op it had dropped to zero. At one-year post-op I had my testosterone checked (I'm male), and it was low. I started on testosterone replacement therapy and my levels rebounded quickly. Unfortunately, my libido remained at zero. The doctor told me it was probably in my head and I should see a therapist. I was in therapy already. I'm now at just about 2-years post op and still have no libido. It's a bummer, but there are worse things in life I suppose. I just look at it like this - for the first time in my life this isn't a constant thought/pressure. In some ways it's a relief. Always trying to find the silver lining ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 269 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 744 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views