Hair Loss and Vitamins

Valerie G.
on 2/9/18 11:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Add butter to everything. Enjoy full fat cheese for snacks. Replace milk with half & half or heavy whipping cream. Enjoy skin on your chicken. Buy marbled steak, 73% fat ground beef

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 2/3/18 7:33 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

This i**** or miss for most people but you might also try a Biotin enhanced shampoo along with biotin supplements. It seems to help some people. My hair thinned for quite a while and this didn't help but I've seen posts from people that responded positively to those steps.

I seem to remember this being associated with surgery overall not just the DS. We'll see if anyone else has more info on that.

Pete

hollykim
on 2/3/18 12:33 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 2, 2018 at 6:24 PM Pacific Time, Fire_Ice wrote:

So, obviously, I knew that hair loss was a possibility. I'm just past three months and I'm losing a scary amount of hair. I don't have any bare patches on my scalp, but I'm worried that I'm headed that direction. My hair is unusually dry, and yesterday I got a massive tangle in my hair. That hasn't happened to me since I was a little girl! And as I brushed it out? I lost even more hair. It really is a ridiculous amount that I'm losing. Is this common/normal? Will it stop any time soon? What should I be doing to prevent it/stop it?

My other question is about the vitamins. I went out and bought the Bio-Tech ones as recommended here on the forum. I've just been taking all of them in the morning together and now I'm wondering if that's wrong. If I shouldn't take like A with D or something. If I should be spreading my vitamin intake throughout the day. Thoughts?

google " telogen effluvium " on hair loss after surgery. It is because of the anesthesia. It is normal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 229 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 725 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 243 views