Pre-op Food menu

adam101
on 2/20/18 4:28 pm, edited 2/20/18 6:56 pm

My surgery hasn't scheduled yet. The procedure may take up to 6 months to fix a date. I tried different kind of meal replacement drinks to see what's better to use in my 3 weeks liquid diet before surgery but it seems like i am lactose intolerant because i had a cruel abdominal pain every time i drank these shakes. Today i went to the nutritionist, she replaced the liquid diet with a regular low calories fat free food plan. I thought i wld die of happiness when she showed me the menu plan, i can have eggs and bread for my breakfast, chicken with baked potatoes for my lunch and veal steak with vegetables for my dinner. although I should consume food in small quantities but it is still food not just drinks. I got some relief because i was very worried not to follow my liquid diet for three weeks. I was very discouraged because I heard a lot of bad and sad stories abt this pre-op liquid diet.

In my first topic i mentioned that i didnt have the chance to meet the main doctor who will do the surgery for me, instead i met a doctor in training so i wasnt very confident abt my decision to do the DS surgery, today i spoke to the nurse n asked her whether it's possible to give me an appointment with the main doc not the one in training to speak with him abt my all concerns n doubts, she was very helpful n gave me an appointment for the next week.

This time i will go to the doc with a long list of questions hopefully i will be more confident n relaxed with my decision. I wld really appreciate every question u may add it here so i can include it in my list.

Thanks for all of u

Adam

PattyL
on 2/20/18 6:03 pm

Make sure you are getting a real DS. Not SADI/SIPS! Find out the length of your CC. Shorter is usually better. 100cm is pretty standard.

adam101
on 2/20/18 6:52 pm

yea it is DS, it is written on my papers, Not SADI

Shorter is better? i was thinking to tell him to make it a little bit longer to absorb some vitamins and minerals LOL.. Good question, i will ask him.

Ty

Valerie G.
on 2/21/18 10:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

With those extra vitamins and minerals also comes the extra absorption of fat and calories.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

adam101
on 2/21/18 5:07 pm

sadly YES

PeteA
on 2/27/18 7:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Usually the length is not really a discussion point. Most surgeons that do a fixed length might discuss 25 mm shorter or longer but if they do the HESS method the length is whatever the length is.

I have yet to see any real data that says people do better or worse with minor changes to the length.

Pete

Tyreebme
on 3/7/18 1:13 pm

I am still in Pre-Op also. I decided to just cut out all bread and pasta. as well as cokes. I figured id just get a head start so it won't be such a shock to my body.

adam101
on 3/8/18 8:39 am

yea it is very good.. this is what i m doing also.. but i heard that giving a big shock to the body could have a great result on the wight lost result

Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views