RNY to DS needed asap with self-pay.

MyBariatricLife
on 4/25/18 1:47 pm
Have you considered having the RNY revised in Mexico, not to a DS, but it's like a redo of the original RNY? There is an RNY revision where they make the pouch smaller, tighten the stoma, and bypass more of the intestine. I don't know much about it other than that, and the price is about $6k. I just know that you are between a rock and a hard place. You cannot afford to self-pay in the USA for the DS, and the bariatric surgeons in Mexico are not qualified to do the revision from RNY to DS, as some others have well explained. And if you haven't already done so, then search this site for posts "RNY to DS" and you'll get a lot of info. One talks about a surgeon or surgeons in MX claiming to do the RNY to DS revision but actually only revise the proximal RNY to distal. So I thought I might offer this possibility to you for consideration. There is a list of bariatric surgeons in Mexico on ObesityHelp that you can refer to. If you somehow can get insurance coverage, Dr. Roslin at Lennox Hill Hospital is about the best there is for the DS. He saved my friend's life, twice. And he has a newer technique that he is now doing from the traditional DS.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views