Implants/breast lift?

Fire_Ice
on 6/7/18 6:40 pm
DS on 10/25/17

Getting personal here, but for the ladies - did you have implants or a breast lift done post DS? It honestly hadn't occurred to me what would happen to my poor breasts, but they kind of resemble tiny, shriveled raisins now. I'm 7.5 months post op. Is this a situation that still might improve? Or will I need to look into doing something about it? And at what point would you get it done? After the year mark?

hollykim
on 6/8/18 6:45 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 8, 2018 at 1:40 AM Pacific Time, Fire_Ice wrote:

Getting personal here, but for the ladies - did you have implants or a breast lift done post DS? It honestly hadn't occurred to me what would happen to my poor breasts, but they kind of resemble tiny, shriveled raisins now. I'm 7.5 months post op. Is this a situation that still might improve? Or will I need to look into doing something about it? And at what point would you get it done? After the year mark?

it won't improve and most surgeons recommend being at goal for at least 6 mos to a year before any reconstruction.

I had a reduction and a lift with no implant but gravity being what it is, the lift didn't last long.

If o had it to do over, I would have gotten a reduction and the smallest implants available, to help the lift hold.

Janet P.
on 6/8/18 9:36 am

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift about 2 years after my DS. Unfortunately your situation probably won't improve. Recommendation is to wait at least a year after you reach goal to make sure your weight is stable. Generally for anyone who was obese for a good portion of your life, the skin simply loses its elasticity and won't bounce back.

I was rather large before my DS (48E) but based on the plastic surgeon's recommendation I chose a lift and not implants. He felt I had enough good tissue to create a decent new breast, which I'm very happy with. I'm now about a 36-38 C/D.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Crazeru
on 6/8/18 2:13 pm

I had the works after being weight stable for 2 years. Went from 46DD to 40floppyDD to a 38D with my breast lift. With a lift only, you don't get upper pole fullness (that's where the implants make a difference). I can use a pushup bra and it's fine.

I also had a lower body lift, my arms and small thigh (inside groin front to back) to get the loose skin where your thighs rub together. 4 days later I had a full facelift, neck and upper and lower lids.

I did go back 2 yrs later for an upper body lift (around the bra line to remove the loose skin in the upper back).

While you are losing, it's call boob oragami (fold, push, readjust again the girls)

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 269 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 744 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views