Post op revision to DS can't hold anything down

hulabird11
on 7/15/18 7:30 am

i had a vsg back in 2009. Never lost more than 45 lbs and gained all right back. Decided to go for the DS revision which I had on Thursday. Since then I can't tolerate drinking any fluids at all and vomit about every two hours. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

larra
on 7/15/18 10:21 am - bay area, CA

It sounds like you're dehydrated, and the longer this goes on, the more nausea you'll feel, which only makes it even more difficult to take in anything. Call your surgeon (even on Sunday there should be someone covering the practice) and bottom line, get yourself somewhere where you can get rehydrated, whether that's the ER or urgent care, depending on whether or not urgent care is set up to give IV fluids. You will feel so much better, and hopefully will be able to start taking liquids on your own.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 7/15/18 5:44 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

What Larra said and also check for strictures. Either way, this won't go away on its own most likely and when you get home, resolve to drink at least 64oz daily.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 7/16/18 6:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 15, 2018 at 2:30 PM Pacific Time, hulabird11 wrote:

i had a vsg back in 2009. Never lost more than 45 lbs and gained all right back. Decided to go for the DS revision which I had on Thursday. Since then I can't tolerate drinking any fluids at all and vomit about every two hours. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

this is not normal,call your surgeon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 131 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 671 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views