Anybody ever have this????

Bellamia78
on 9/4/18 7:45 pm
DS on 10/10/17

I just saw this on my legs tonight....doesn't itch and it's not raised??? Any clue... feel like it could be linked to malnutrition??? Haven't been very good with my vitamins but feel like I'm eating good.... almost 1 yr post op DS! Thanks

Janet P.
on 9/5/18 4:42 am

Not sure what you posted (no picture). Your brief post is very confusing/concerning. You think it may be linked to malnutrition, you're a year post-op, you're not good with your vitamins, but you feel you're eating good.

If you think its malnutrition, you need to go to the doctor ASAP. Did you do labs at 6 months post-op?

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Bellamia78
on 9/5/18 5:17 am
DS on 10/10/17

Yes I did labs and I was only borderline low on calcium and vitamin d which i have always been even prior to surgery.... my appt isn't until oct 18 .... I feel great I've been more diligent with vitamins in last few weeks know omg I was gonna have labs again... it was over the summer I slacked....

PattyL
on 9/5/18 11:53 am

Have your A checked. I have seen something similar that was A related.

hollykim
on 9/5/18 1:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 5, 2018 at 2:45 AM Pacific Time, Bellamia78 wrote:

I just saw this on my legs tonight....doesn't itch and it's not raised??? Any clue... feel like it could be linked to malnutrition??? Haven't been very good with my vitamins but feel like I'm eating good.... almost 1 yr post op DS! Thanks

honestly,it doesn't matter how good you are eating. You are malabsorbing vitamins and minerals every single day. You could eat all day and still malabsorption. That is the whole nature of the surgery. Surely you know this?

you can't slack on your vitamins,ever,not because it is summer,or winter,or Christmas break or Halloween or nothing.

You are going to suffer if you don't get serious about being serious. Much permanent damage can be done if you are not serious.

larra
on 9/5/18 8:03 pm - bay area, CA

It could be that your blood isn't clotting properly, which could be due to Vitamin K deficiency...or some other deficiency, who knows, with you not taking your vitamins. The DS is darn near miraculous for weight loss and resolution of comorbidities, but that comes with the life long commitment to taking necessary amounts of vitamins and minerals every day, and lab work as needed. There is no way anyone can eat enough to compensate for the limited absorption of certain vitamins we now have. Surely you were aware of this from the start.

It's time and past to honor the commitment you made to yourself, get back to your doctor (or to your pcp if the surgeon isn't available to you), get all the lab work you need and start supplementing as needed to catch up before something worse than red dots happens to you. Be especially sure to get levels of the fat soluble vitamins, A, D, and K. E is also fat soluble but deficiencies are very rare.

Larra

Bellamia78
on 9/5/18 10:05 pm, edited 9/5/18 3:06 pm
DS on 10/10/17

Thanks for everyone?s suggestions... I want to reassure y?all that I said I had slacked in taking the vitamins not that I wasn?t taking them at all...I lost 92lbs before surgery in order to even safely have the surgery I?m fully aware of the lifelong commitment to this I?ve lost a total of 186 lbs ...this is definitely an eye opener on getting back on track... the rash is most likely due to an allergic reaction I'm following up with my pcp as my post op appt isn?t until October..... thanks again for all the support ?

Noodle65
on 9/6/18 9:47 pm
DS on 10/18/12

Those marks on your legs look a lot like patichia. When you had your labs did you have a CBC that check platelets and such. I only bring this up because 5 months after I had my DS I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia and the patichia meaning low platelets as one of my only symptoms. not trying to scare you as I'm sure that's not what this is but it doesn't hurt to have this checked out. as others have added it looks like you are having some clotting issues which could be caused from low k also. just worth while to get checked out and put your mind at ease praying you get resolution to this.blessings Julie.

Laura in Texas
on 9/7/18 7:00 am

I agree that you should be checked for petechiae. HERE is the Mayo Clinic page on this condition.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 265 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 249 views