Revising Vsg to Ds in january

Paige V.
on 11/8/18 2:10 pm, edited 11/9/18 6:17 pm - Gainesville, FL

Hello all! I am scheduled to revise in January. I did wonderful with my sleeve for the first five years but then a second post Vsg baby game and it all went out the window. I am now only 40 pounds from my highest weight and a 38 BMI.

My question is is what should I expect with the revision. I?m assuming weight loss will be slower bc they do not plan on decreasing the size of my certainly stretched out sleeve because they say I?ll need to be able to eat more to get all my fats and proteins again. Also, how is the recovery with revision? Is it about the same as my sleeve? The nausea with that was really bad!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Liz J.
on 11/9/18 6:41 am
DS on 11/29/16

Did you discuss your common channel and is it a true DS?

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Paige V.
on 11/9/18 10:24 am - Gainesville, FL

Yes, it is a true DS.

start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Valerie G.
on 11/9/18 8:45 am, edited 11/9/18 12:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I've not heard of this surgeon doing DS, however Dr. Ungson and Esquerra does and have many fans. They are the only ones I would recommend.

Esquerra, Antonio , MD

Ungson, Gilberto, MD

Surgeon Mexicali Bariatric Center
Madero 1119-2, Colonia Nueva
Mexicali , BC 21100
BC

Maybe this Dr. Juan learned from Dr. Esquerra, but since he is a new name to the game, I would be asking questions such as whether or not he will do a real DS or if he is doing the modified DS (aka SADI, Loop DS or SIPS). These modifications are still experimental and finding a doc in the states to help if something goes wrong (and it has) is a nightmare.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Paige V.
on 11/9/18 10:26 am - Gainesville, FL

He is not new, been doing it 7-8 years and is one of the few that are able to do rny to ds. I've heard great things about him.

Valerie G.
on 11/9/18 10:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

How many DS's has he actually done? He can do oodles of RNY's, sleeves, and SADIs, but it doesn't make him a DS surgeon. I've been in the DS community for 15 years, and not heard of him...but if you want to take a chance on an unknown, it's on you. We gave you the names of the respected docs in the area with stellar records.

Just know if something goes wrong, you have absolutely no recourse. Some have gone for the discounted route, and that $5000 savings cost them $350,000 and near death when they were septic, but whisked out of MX and put on a plane to get them out. They were butchered and docs in the US wouldn't touch her. She lost everything.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Laura in Texas
on 11/9/18 11:32 am
On November 8, 2018 at 10:10 PM Pacific Time, Paige V. wrote:

Hello all! I am scheduled to revise in January. I did wonderful with my sleeve for the first five years but then a second post Vsg baby game and it all went out the window. I am now only 40 pounds from my highest weight and a 38 BMI.

I'm having surgery with doctor Juan arrelano in Mexicali.

My question is is what should I expect with the revision. I'm assuming weight loss will be slower bc they do not plan on decreasing the size of my certainly stretched out sleeve because they say I'll need to be able to eat more to get all my fats and proteins again. Also, how is the recovery with revision? Is it about the same as my sleeve? The nausea with that was really bad! Also does anyone have any experience with Dr. Juan?

Why did you choose this surgeon instead of names recommended here?

I hope your surgeon is what he portrays himself to be. Sadly there are some dishonest people in the bariatric world and patients are the ones who suffer.

I wish you well. A friend of mine died after a DS revision done by a doctor who had no business doing revisions. She had years of problems before she eventually died.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

chevtow41
on 11/9/18 5:36 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Ungson or Esquerra are only ones I'd trust. Never heard of this Dr. Juan

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 167 views
calcium/protein