Any surgeons do VSG to DS revisions in central Florida?

Sadsleeved
on 1/18/19 1:38 pm

Hello All,

Sorry if there is a better place to ask this or if it's been asked before. I'm in Tampa, FL and cannot find anyone who will do a VSG to DS revision. I was sleeved in 2014 and got down to 160, but today I'm weighing 225... it's slowly creeping up and I'm alarmed. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

larra
on 1/18/19 3:36 pm - bay area, CA

Dr. Dennis Smith in Celebration, Fla does the DS and has an excellent reputation. I don't know whether or not he does VSG to DS revisions, but his office staff should be able to answer that question. More info coming to you in a pm.

Larra

Sadsleeved
on 1/18/19 8:31 pm

Larra,

Thank you SO MUCH for this information. I will be reaching out to his office on Monday!

Valerie G.
on 1/19/19 1:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Larra nailed it - Dr. Dennis Smith had a great reputation as a DS surgeon and is greatly missed in Atlanta after he moved to FL. He is your best bet.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sadsleeved
on 1/20/19 9:52 am

Thank you so very much. This is very heartening! I am so excited to get the ball rolling this week.

Janet P.
on 1/23/19 10:26 am

Please remember that the VSG to DS is not a revision. Anyone who has had the DS already has the VSG. You're simply adding the second part of the DS - the switch. Not sure if you're planning to get re-sleeved. The main key with the full DS is your dedication to maintaining a DS lifestyle - taking the right vitamins and supplements, getting labs done regularly to ensure you're taking the right vitamins.

Also look at what your issues are with food. Remember the DS is just another surgery.

Hope it works out for you.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

donna39
on 3/12/19 3:58 pm - FL
Dr Jawad with Orlando Health. He's really really good.

Donna SW- 363   CW- 326  GW- 230              VS 04/25/2013 Dr. M. Jawad

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views