3.5 Years Out - Not Wanting to Take Vitamins

mirobi10
on 2/6/19 8:20 am
DS on 07/27/15

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am about 3.5 years post DS and I'm having some major motivational issues with taking my vitamins. Are any of you guys feeling this way?

It seems silly, because logically I KNOW that I will gain all these health problems by not taking them and I've attempted to change the form/regiment (with the help of my doctor) several times in order to spark some "interest" in taking them. But to no avail...

I simply just don't want to take them. And I can feel myself becoming drowsy and week from the lack of vitamins. I take enough to get by but I'm thinking there is some sort of psychological thing here? What's holding me up?? Why am I like this? Why am I being so stubborn?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PattyL
on 2/6/19 12:55 pm

Best motivation ever, you will get really sick and maybe even die if you don't. Supplements are not optional for us.

Are you interested in going to work every day? Interested in changing a poopy diaper? Interested in paying your taxes? I already know the answer is no. But you do all these things, right? It's just part of being an adult. So just put on your grown up panties and take your vites.

PattyL
on 2/6/19 12:56 pm
chevtow41
on 2/6/19 12:58 pm
DS on 11/11/14

I have zero idea why you'd prefer serious illness and/or death to swallowing vitamins. But if that is your mindset you may need to get a psych consult, because if you stay on your current path, you're as good as gone.

Liz J.
on 2/6/19 1:33 pm
DS on 11/29/16

Set some timers on your damn phone and take them with THEN take them! You are going to lose your teeth... Do you like gumming food? Better get used to it...

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

larra
on 2/6/19 5:03 pm - bay area, CA

When each of us chose to have the DS, we chose a lifetime commitment to taking vitamin and mineral supplements. There is nothing thrilling or exciting about doing this. It's just a part of our life. Does brushing your teeth excite you? I bet you do it anyway, just like the other examples Patty gave you.

The commitment you made isn't to your surgeon or your spouse, your children, or to us. It's a commitment to yourself. If you can't find it in yourself to do something so simple to maintain your health, get yourself to a therapist and find out why. It's a hell of a lot easier than living with morbid obesity.

Larra

mirobi10
on 2/7/19 3:18 am
DS on 07/27/15

To those who have posted replies: Thank you. Though your replies are mostly harsh, they come from a good place and if I'm just being a baby, which sounds to be true, someone needs to say that.

I will make a renewed effort to take my supplements. You're right, I don't want to die or get crazy sick. I do want to change poopy diapers and do my taxes, and I don't want to lose my teeth.

Thanks for the motivation.

visionboard
on 2/7/19 5:14 am
DS on 08/28/16

I supplement my unfun to swallow vitamins with a few gummy vitamins (low or no sugar). This just gives me something to look forward to along with the part I dont like and makes it more of a pleasant thought. Its not an ideal solution but it forces me to do the right thing so that little added extra sugar/calories at 10 years out isn't killing me and it makes me happy and compliant.

mirobi10
on 2/7/19 6:28 am
DS on 07/27/15

Thanks, I'll try that. :)

Valerie G.
on 2/24/19 8:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't try that - gummies are made with oil which is malabsorbed 80%. You might as well not eat the vitamin.

Listen, if anything, suck them all down at once. Some do okay this way farther out, but some of the vitamins do battle one another for absorption.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 267 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 742 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views