Delayed Dumping or other issue?

Sdeynes
on 3/3/19 5:31 am
DS on 09/26/17

Question, and it might be a little TMI for some & a little long, sorry.

I will try to keep this short. I have been having some issues with getting a little dizzy from time to time (not too bad) so I have been focusing on getting my water in 48-64 oz, I know i need more, and my protein/fat. These past two weeks I have been pretty strict with my diet by keeping my carb intake btwn 50-100, protein around 150'ish, fat intake 150-200 (no issues with leaking oils or diarrhea) and I have been dropping the weight that I was looking to lose. Even with all this fat I take in, I still only have a BM once a day, typically in the morning, every once in a while I might have a 2nd one.

Now on to the issue;

Friday morning I went to the bathroom like normal but still felt like i had to go through out the day and I did.. maybe an additional 2-3 times. Wasn't diarrhea, it was the normal consistency. Eventually that pressure of feeling like I was a little backed up, lessened and I continued my day like normal (On a side note, I was kind of tired more than normal but I figured that was due to going 2 weeks without a 8 hrs sleep)

Saturday morning (my only day off) I get up with my body clock needing to use the bathroom, I have a smaller BM than normal and go to lay back down & I get that pain in the lower gut like I REALLY NEED TO GO. Go back in and I do, quite a bit. BUT then I start getting nauseated, dizzy, sweating, still pain in the lower gut, still feeling like I JUST GOTTA GO but nothing coming out anymore. So, as i sit there looking at the nice cold tile floor considering just laying right there on the cold tile will help, I start to get up and, BAM! I passed out. I woke to my dog barking and my husband leaning over me. The first thing out of my mouth is, "I have to poop." and he helped me on the toilet & i pooped more. After that last little bit, I felt less dizzy and was able to get up and looked in the mirror and I was super pale. My husband later told me that when he found me the toilet was loaded & my stool was very pale and there was a lot of it. He put me back into bed with a cool cloth where I slept about 10 and half hours that night in total. When I woke for the day, I was still drained and still went to the bathroom again. This time it was runny and I noticed a some oil floating.

Through out the day I was still tired (ended up taking a nap, I never do that) and just slightly light headed for the first part of the day. I drank a 32 oz Gatorade Zero to help with any dehydration issues.

I have never had dumping syndrome before and when I researched I found that most of my symptoms matched the Delayed Dumping... But... I did not consume anything I had not had before (minus a Cod filet for dinner - not breaded) and a glass of wine (with the wine, I was used to having a glass every night until recently, I backed off so that I could drop more weight..) But I still did not exceed 100 grams of carbs that day, in fact it was a little less than 100 grams. And the other thing was, it had been at least 6 hours since I last ate/drank. And my sugar was slightly elevated, it was 157 just after I passed out.

I will be calling my DR Monday first thing (sooner if I have more issues) but until then, I was wondering if anyone has had something similar? My mind always goes to possible worse case issues like maybe a small kink in my intestines that caused a back up or poss food poisoning from the Cod (but I was having some minor issues on the Friday so I don't think that was it. )

larra
on 3/3/19 10:54 am - bay area, CA

I completely agree with contacting your doctor, but to me this sounds like anemia, not dumping. The DS can cause anemia because we don't absorb iron normally, and/or you could be losing blood in your stool but not fast enough for it to be obvious. Make sure you get your blood count checked, and even consider a trip to the ER if you get worse, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Larra

Sdeynes
on 3/3/19 12:35 pm
DS on 09/26/17

Thank you :-)

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/19 11:57 am
(deactivated member)
on 3/3/19 12:02 pm
Sdeynes
on 3/3/19 12:38 pm
DS on 09/26/17

Thank you! I will keep working on adding more fluid/salts.. Sleep, well, I will have to make a way with 12hr shifts & kids lol. I will find a way.

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/19 12:51 pm
larra
on 3/3/19 1:50 pm - bay area, CA

Please, at the very least, call your doctor. Passing out isn't normal, and none of us can diagnose you over the internet. If it turns out to be nothing, fine. Just don't take any chances.

Sdeynes
on 3/3/19 2:45 pm
DS on 09/26/17

I will def call them and inform them. :-)

Sdeynes
on 3/3/19 2:48 pm
DS on 09/26/17

I have found more and more people say similar, and even shared and article. It matches exactly what happened. BUT, I still will not play with it. I will let the DR office know about it and let them at least document it. The article, if you are interested, https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/fainting-on-the-toilet- is-a-real-medical-problem-but-doctors-say-it-can-be-avoided- 1.3895702

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views