Revision from VSG to DS

dover421
on 4/10/19 8:25 pm

Hi everyone! I had my gastric sleeve in 2011 and it didn't work out. I didn't have much restriction from the beginning and while I lost about 80lbs, I gained 40 back after dealing with infertility and finally having two babies in the last 3 years. I'm trying to find a great surgeon that does DS surgeries. I live in the Kansas City area and would like to find someone local or within a reasonable driving distance (several hours) or someone in Ohio (because my parents live there and I could stay at their house for a portion of the recovery). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

larra
on 4/12/19 10:06 am - bay area, CA

Good decision! We are seeing more people with failed VSG all the time, and the logical revision is to the DS, as you already have the sleeve part of the DS now. And I hope you understand that it's the operation that failed you, not the other way around. Once the sleeve stretches out, which seems to be inevitable, you are left with no tool to help you lose weight or prevent regain.

I've sent you a pm with more information.

dover421
on 4/12/19 1:15 pm

Thank you very much for the information and your kind words. Much appreciated!

seimone123
on 6/8/19 12:33 pm

can you send me the information please. I'm revising to the D.S. would love to learn more.

Valerie G.
on 4/15/19 7:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't beat yourself up over this. While many do great with the sleeve, there are many more that need more than a reduced capacity to eat. The stretching is normal, but it's still nowhere near the original size of a stomach, so it's not you. It just wasn't enough for you.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views