Diarrhea and IBS

Justjackie55
on 4/20/19 1:11 pm

Hello y'all

I am 12 years post -op and been having major stomach issues..chronic diarrhea..nausea..they claim its IBS..I have always had diarrhea since the surgery but now its worse than ever. Has anyone else had any isssues? I have religiously taken vitamins since the day of surgery but my bloodwork came back and I am deficient in A.. D ..magnesium and zinc. I have been losing weight uncontrollably..everyone asks if Im sick?Has anyone experienced this?

scaryreader
on 4/20/19 4:13 pm - Chicago, IL

Hi Jackie, I have the same issue intermittently. I've stopped going to the dr for it bc all they do is tell me to take immodium (sp). So now I just try to be very careful of what I eat. My stomach is always boiling and I have a real problem with gas no matter what or even if I eat or not.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

Justjackie55
on 4/26/19 9:07 am

Me too..I have literally tried everything! I feel sick all the time...eat immodium...pepto bismol...I keep losing weight because nothing stays in me..everyone keeps asking if im sickð??" I don't know what to do anymore

Sunshine16
on 4/23/19 5:29 am

Even though your magnesium was low, we're you taking magnesium? How are your Iron levels. The reason I would get diarrhea is because it was something in my diet....I definitely had to stop the sugar, especially pure sugar. Do you drink pure soda, pure milk, coffee with sugar...chocolate gives me the runs

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Justjackie55
on 4/26/19 9:10 am

My magnesium was low...I had bloodwork done..my iron is fine..low in Vitamin A..D...calcium..zinc...I have taken my vitamins religiously every day since surgery

I dont drink milk...coffee..pop or anything sugary

This is why Im frustrated

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/27/19 12:11 pm
are you taking a magenisum suppliment? Magensium can cause you to go to the bathroom a lot. Especially magensium oxide. Although I find that Mag citrate does that same thing to me.
Janet P.
on 4/24/19 5:29 am

What are you eating and/or drinking? Carbs and excessive fat will definitely cause diarrhea and mimic IBS. You may need an elimination diet to determine what might be causing this.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Justjackie55
on 4/26/19 9:01 am

I have done all this already...I have always are very low carb and low fat to none..nothing is working

Valerie G.
on 4/25/19 5:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Ask to be tested for c-diffucile and SIBO. Both are caused by an imbalance of bacteria. C-diff is an actual intestinal infection that is extremely difficult to cure. DSers seem to be particularly prone to these conditions if not ingesting enough probiotics either by pill form or fermented foods. Docs often don't think of testing you for this. My dad suffered for 9 months before a physician's assistant thought of testing him for c-diff. Once diagnosed, it took another 4 months to get it under control trying different rounds of antibiotics. He also had to clear out his bathroom to make a completely sterile environment. This was removing all towels and fabrics, nic-nacks, tooth brush, etc. He had to change his underwear every time he used the bathroom and wipe down the toilet and the entire bathroom each time (the infection spreads with airborne spores) and had to clean and sanitize towels and wash cloths after every use. The doc didn't tell him this, otherwise he may have been cured earlier.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Justjackie55
on 4/26/19 8:59 am

I definitely will! Thanks so much

Im tired of feeling so sick all the time

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 115 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 659 views
Need help for my mom