Looking for a BPD/DS doc nearest me

NoDramaMama
on 5/3/19 12:06 pm

I'm a vet. 20 yrs. I had BPD/DS open. I was a lightweight at the time. 5'7" and 240. I'm now at 186.

I've had issues in recent years with symptoms mimicking IBD. My son has chrohns. Been in and out of gastroenterologist offices, General surgeons and ER with many issues. Belly pain, diarrhea bloating. Supspected blockages or illeus but then nothing shows up.

I have messantariitis that has progressed rapidly too. They're watching it.

I'm at my wits end on what's wrong. I never had real follow up as my surgeon lived 2 states away and no one understood this surgery...still can't find anyone who does, especially old school bpd/DS open, at that.

So im trying to find someone well versed in this procedure to talk to about the issues I'm having. About reversal. Tests or possible diagnosis. I'm so tired of being sick constantly.

I currently live in McComb Mississippi. Willing to travel for help I just have no idea whom to see that would be sympathetic to my issues.

B. Jones
on 5/3/19 3:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues, that has to be scary. I would tell you Dr. Gary Anthone in Omaha Ne. He did an open DS on my mom 7 years ago, she's a rock star with that procedure. Wish I would have had it when I had the money, but can't complain the sleeve has worked well for me. He was a co-surgeon when I had my sleeve Laproscopically over 10 years ago. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Anthone, heard him speak on many occasions (wonderful human being) He still practices out of a small clinic here in Omaha, NE

https://omahacatholicdoctors.org/profile/gary-j-anthone-md-f -a-c-s/

It's associated with https://www.chihealth.com/en/about-us.html

Looks like it's about 950 miles from where your at in McComb Mississippi to Omaha, Ne. Do some research on Dr. Anthone, he's a great surgeon and better human being. Hope this gives you an option.

Good luck

larra
on 5/4/19 9:09 am - bay area, CA

There is Dr. Ayoola in TX, or Dr. Dennis Smith in Fla, or Dr. Sudan at Duke in No. Carolina. These are the closest ones to you that I can think of.

The DS is the same whether done open or lap. It's the same surgery on the inside, just a different way of getting there.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 5/15/19 11:55 am, edited 5/15/19 4:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Sounds like possible bacteria imbalance to me especially if your stools are particularly foul in odor (sour smelling). Have them test you for SIBO and C-Diffucile. It may be as easy as balancing your gut bacteria. They didn't pay that much attention to such things way back when, even when I had mine in 2005.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jgoodman14
on 7/3/19 8:21 pm

Agree with this post. Recently dealt with this. Doctor treated me for "Blind Loop Syndrome" with antibiotics. Really helped!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 295 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 767 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views