I would love some food.

Emeraldstar
on 6/3/19 8:47 pm

I'm 7 days post op. Prior to that I did 3 weeks of liquids, low carb as that is the way of eating I've adapted. Anyway I'm so over soup. There is no way I'm going to consume low fat creamy soups that are strained. Canned ones are full of sodium and flour. No thanks.

I've been making my own broths. And drinking plenty of protein shakes. I'm more of a savory person so broths are my go-to.

Pureed food would be amazing! Liver pate, whipped cauliflower, tuna with mayo, ricotta cheese with whipped spinach and artichokes and much more sounds amazing. I just want to eat some meat. Scallops.

Anyway one more wee****il I can have the aforementioned. But this is becoming so tedious. I would almost rather not eat then have to have more liquids.

Thanks for letting me vent.

PattyL
on 6/3/19 9:47 pm

Why are you doing low fat????

Emeraldstar
on 6/3/19 10:44 pm

I'm not. I made bone broth and I add some of the fat to my broths. Like this evening I used chicken bone broth, organic Chicken Bone Broth Protein Powder, a little whipping cream, dill, pat of butter, some liquid smoke and a little Himalayan salt.

But there are only so many soup broths that I can come up with. I've done a curry with coconut cream, a creamy tomato and a mushroom. I soaked some dried mushrooms in the broth and then strained them.

I just really, really want some meat. :)

Only one more week. Yay.

I'm doing low carb. Definitely not low fat. I used non fat milk for one day as that what it states per my dietician but to heck with that.

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/19 9:07 pm

I started eating very soft foods after 4 or 5 days. The best meal I ever had was around day 4 whi*****luded some liquidy mashed potatoes with strong chicken broth instead of gravy. The taste was stellar. I'm not suggesting going crazy but your ideas above for whipped veggies and brothes should be fair game about now.

Emeraldstar
on 6/4/19 11:07 pm

I've decided I'm going to purée the heck out of some ground beef add some spices cover it with whipped cauliflower and bake it. Kinda like a weird Shepard's Pie.

Or instead puréed chicken liver. Yummo

I'll be starting 5 days early but I really believe I'm ready. If I have any discomfort I just won't fini**** and go back to full liquids.

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/19 6:24 am

Yup, I felt I could tell when I was ready too.You probably are. Just remember the portions will be really small, and certain foods don't digest well for some people. In my case, steak was no issue and I ate it during the purée phase. Chicken didn't go down no matter what for about 6 months.

PeteA
on 6/20/19 11:31 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I know you are on / or passed puree by now but when you get a yen for something different in broths you might look at Millies sipping broths - they are a pretty good change of pace for me. http://www.milliessavoryteas.com/index.html

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

msrachelwhitmire
on 6/20/19 9:32 pm - MO
DS on 07/09/19

Hello.....I'm scheduled for surgery 7/9/19, and wanted to get some feedback. The good, bad, and ugly. What kind of advice could you give me? How was your recovery thus far?

Janet P.
on 6/24/19 8:31 am

Rachel you may want to start your own thread instead of asking this question under multiple threads that are not related to your question (I already answered your question in another thread).

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 101 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 651 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views