Instant pot Egg bites

Beam me up Scottie
on 6/5/19 6:55 pm
Has anyone tried these?

HOLY COW. A morning game changer! 4 eggs, cream cheese, cottage cheese, regular cheese, bacon. put in the instant pot and bam! Lots of protein, little to no carbs. They taste like the egg bites from Starbucks.

I had the molds for 2 years, but finally broke down and made them. I’ve now made them 3 days in a row...lol.
Liz J.
on 6/6/19 6:01 am
DS on 11/29/16

Nice! I'm going to have to try them!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Janet P.
on 6/6/19 6:58 am

I tried them at Starbucks and didn't really like the texture. I have an IP and even bought the egg mold, but I'm reluctant to try it. OK you've convinced me - I'll try them. Which recipe did you follow?

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Beam me up Scottie
on 6/6/19 5:28 pm
There are tons on line, but I made according to what I had in the house. I'm going to try another blend next time.

They are pretty similar textures. You can use the egg molds to make mini meatloafs too

mix:
4 eggs, 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 2 oz of cream cheese (i didn't have a laughing cow cheese), 2 oz of sharp cheddar shredded (blend 30 seconds on high). I'm going to try Different types of cheese. I think I'd like to also try adding in some red pepper flakes or hot sauce.

Spray molds, Fill with extra shredded cheese (I used a mexican cheese blend) and bacon.

Pour in mix.

8 minutes high pressure
8 minutes NPR
8 Minutes rest.

Pop them out and eat. They heat up in 40 seconds in the mircowave.
Janet P.
on 6/7/19 9:53 am

Thanks. I always take 2 hard boiled eggs to work for a mid-morning protein snack, so maybe I'll switch up and try these.

And no, I don't make my HB eggs in the IP. I tried too many times and failed each time. I have perfected the stove method and I'm ok with sticking with it :)

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Beam me up Scottie
on 6/7/19 5:15 pm
I think these are lighter and smoother (my opinion). I do like hard boiled eggs too.
Noodle65
on 6/15/19 8:50 pm
DS on 10/18/12

Thank so much Scott. I ordered the molds from Amazon and made them tonight following your recipe, yummy!

Blessings

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 258 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views