RNY revision to SADI or DS

beelzebubbles
on 8/15/19 10:32 am - Lansdowne, PA

Hi, I have been looking at revision surgery ( rny to DS of sadi)

I am curious if anyone has had or is in the process of having this surgery and what your outcome was>

Please don't scold me for gaining weight and suggest reinstituting appropriate diet. I have been doing those things myself.

I am just interested in personal accounts of revision surgery. Or if you know of any good articles about it.

I am just gathering information.

Thanks,

Liz J.
on 8/15/19 11:34 am
DS on 11/29/16

There's a Revision Forum you might find more information.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

beelzebubbles
on 8/16/19 4:51 am - Lansdowne, PA

I tried that site. They mostly suggested reset your pouch and dieting.

Which I have done. The weightloss is just really slow. I am losing 1 lb a month to get back to 200lbs ,which was my lowest weight after bypass, from a 73 lb. weight gain.

I am 57 and my joke is I'll reach my goal weight on my death bed.

And I don't need to hear the blame which they have for people with regain. I am a fat person. I hear that enough. Maybe I am just imagining it. But it was how I felt.

And only one person who was having a revision answered the question. But she hadn't had it yet.

Eliza970
on 8/17/19 1:04 pm

I really don't understand former fat people scolding about weight gain. Don't they get it that diet and exercise just doesn't work for some people and that's why they had bariatric surgery in the first place? No single surgery works as well for all people (except DS, but I am prejudiced.) I spent 30 years being a fat person who tried every diet, outpatient, consumer, and inpatient. None of them worked for long. I just don't burn calories like other people. Any single extra calorie attached itself to me and didn't want to let go. DS is the only thing that gave me a normal weight that has lasted for 14 years now. Shame on them for blaming you! I chose the DS because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life dieting. I do have to make good food choices, but I don't have the evil hunger monster following me everywhere. Never talk to anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself.

beelzebubbles
on 8/17/19 1:13 pm - Lansdowne, PA

Thanks for your understanding.

hollykim
on 9/19/19 7:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 17, 2019 at 8:04 PM Pacific Time, Eliza970 wrote:

I really don't understand former fat people scolding about weight gain. Don't they get it that diet and exercise just doesn't work for some people and that's why they had bariatric surgery in the first place? No single surgery works as well for all people (except DS, but I am prejudiced.) I spent 30 years being a fat person who tried every diet, outpatient, consumer, and inpatient. None of them worked for long. I just don't burn calories like other people. Any single extra calorie attached itself to me and didn't want to let go. DS is the only thing that gave me a normal weight that has lasted for 14 years now. Shame on them for blaming you! I chose the DS because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life dieting. I do have to make good food choices, but I don't have the evil hunger monster following me everywhere. Never talk to anyone who makes you feel bad about yourself.

of course we know all that. Those of us who have been successful after wls also know that a "diet" is going to be required if we intend to continue being successful.

one can't return to poor eating habits after wls and expect to be successful.

"I do have to make good food choices"... so why are you trying to shame those of us who are trying to help this poster? Who are you to shame anyone? Isn't that the pit calling the kettle black?

Eliza970
on 9/19/19 7:55 am

I never engage with anyone who doesn't read the post.

hollykim
on 9/19/19 3:35 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 19, 2019 at 2:55 PM Pacific Time, Eliza970 wrote:

I never engage with anyone who doesn't read the post.

well good for you, I read the whole thread.

Valerie G.
on 9/29/19 10:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You and I share the same life story

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

califsleevin
on 8/15/19 12:50 pm - CA

Here is a vid from Dr. Keshishian on revisions in general, including the RNY to DS.

https://www.dssurgery.com/videos/webinar-april-20-2016-revis ional-surgery/

Poke around his website and there are other videos and blog posts that are relevant, as he one of the handful of surgeons that can do the RNY to DS revision. He isn't real keen on the SADI, as that is mostly promoted as being "almost as good as" the DS while being simpler - as with most of the DS surgeons, as they already have the skills to do the DS, the SADI doesn't make a lot of sense for them. You might want to check on Dr Roslin in NYC as he is big on the SADI as well as the DS, so he should have some info on his site.

Good luck in this!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 136 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 678 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 236 views