weght gain after BPD?DS

rachtrex
on 9/28/19 11:51 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

hi i had my surgery 2002 and now i have gained 10kgs back just wondering how to get it off would it be safe to do optifast for 2 weeks?

PattyL
on 9/29/19 9:52 am

Safe, sure. As long as you get your protein and take your supplements you will be fine. But unless you decrease your carbs going forward you will gain it back!

rachtrex
on 9/29/19 3:45 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

thanks im not looking forward to optifast but i thought it might be a quick fix to get the weight off i weigh 85kgs now which i guess is not too bad usually a size 16 i must admit i did like the thinner look

Valerie G.
on 9/29/19 10:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What percentage of what you lost was regained? 15-25% regain of what you lost is normal and no cause for alarm.

I regained 14% a few years after my DS. I chose to accept it and I can report that I have maintained effortlessly from that point.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rachtrex
on 9/29/19 3:24 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

1.25 % just under 15 percent because i lost 75kgs so you think i should be able to maintain at 85kgs ?as i said i had it in 2002

Valerie G.
on 10/2/19 1:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I found that trying to go lower than my body's comfort zone was a constant fight. Many do it, but they live their life in diet mode.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

rachtrex
on 10/2/19 1:48 pm - Pacific Pines, Australia

thats what really want to avoid actually i had my surgery in 2002 so i have put 10 kgs on my bmi is 32 now which is obese according to caculators i feel ok at my weigh. . t of 85kgs it still a size 16 and i was a size 12 before. i dont really stand out as being the fat one now though lol.

PeteA
on 10/1/19 5:26 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi,

While I think this is OK for a quick hit on the weight loss you may want to just try 3 or 4 days to kind of "reset" your eating and then reintroduce food slowly starting with protein. Kind of a modified post-op diet.

I'm familiar with it being easier to make the decision of I am just having liquids as a way to avoid all eating issues temporarily I just think it might be healthier to track what you are eating after a shorter period on Optifast or your protein drink of choice. :)

I use Optimum Nutrition for my favorite protein drink and personally find a couple of days of mostly that can help me get back on track if I feel a little out of control.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

rachtrex
on 10/1/19 5:38 am - Pacific Pines, Australia

thankyou i have to be really careful here because i had a complication i had have more of my bowel out than most people so i will talk to my dr and see how if i can just do it or need it modified.

SwitchSister07
on 10/31/19 12:00 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if going back to the basics aleviates the feeling of never feeling satiated?\

Sandra, DS 2007 start weight 228 now 140.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 296 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 768 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views