Revision from Gastric bypass to DS in DC area

jenjenviola
on 12/1/19 7:57 am - Washington, DC

Hey all! I am meeting with Dr. Hazem Elariny and planning to get my gastric bypass revised to a DS..has anyone else had this procedure?..if so how are you doing?..any advice?

larra
on 12/1/19 12:27 pm - bay area, CA

I haven't had this revision, but wanted to comment that Dr. Elariny has an excellent reputation, so good choice!

Larra

Janet P.
on 12/2/19 8:29 am

I'm a 17+ year post-op DS patient of Dr. E. You're in the hands of one of the most experienced DS surgeons in the country. Can't comment on the bypass to DS procedures.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

White Dove
on 12/3/19 3:15 pm - Warren, OH

There were some people on here years ago that did that. One I remember in particular was a fairly young man who passed away shortly after the revision. I do not know his cause of death.

I am glad you picked an excellent surgeon. This is not a common procedure and only a few surgeons are qualified to do it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jenjenviola
on 12/3/19 5:17 pm - Washington, DC

Thanks?

msbkny
on 12/8/19 6:11 pm - Brooklyn, NY

I am about to do the same procedure in January in NY

catalina07
on 8/23/20 3:53 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

Did you have the surgery in NY? Who did yours?

jeg522
on 1/25/20 10:47 pm - Oxnard, CA

I live in Ventura ca. Had a revision of GBP in June of 2019 and DS in Oct of 2019. Dr Billy is surgeon. I have had no complications but some gas stool n cramping issues which I have been told will subside in time. Trying to be patient and give it a chance. I am loosing weight again really easy n fast much different than GBP eating and issues. Would I do it again? Not sure the gas issue is really bad but if it resolves it's self soon I will be happy. I too have a top notch surgeon with a huge support staff for aftercare. Wish you all the best

sillysarah8466
on 8/24/20 1:18 pm

I had a revision from gastric bypass to a distal which is similar to the DS in terms of side effects but I didn't have any revision to my pouch. I've done well, weight loss is slower but definitely lots of terrible diarrhea. It comes and goes and sometimes I go a day with just normal stool and others I'll go a week straight of 3-8 diarrhea episodes a day. Lots of poo-pourri in the house lol. Sorry for the TMI. Diet is similar but much more protein needed and multivitamin needs to be higher for some people. I didn't have a ton to lose but I've lost about 30lb since but I'm down to my goal weight. I have a medical condition that really pushed us to revise to a distal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 361 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views