What did your insurance cover?

livefatdreamskinny
on 12/20/19 4:11 pm

During the process of getting weight loss surgery what did your insurance not cover? Nutritionist, Psychologist, or any of the testing that you needed?

White Dove
on 12/20/19 8:27 pm - Warren, OH

I had to pay for the nutritionist to prepare for surgery. After surgery it was covered.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 12/21/19 4:04 am, edited 12/20/19 8:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

luckily mine was all covered - except for co-pays ($25 per visit) and co-insurance (10% of the bill), that is. Once I hit my out-of-pocket limit, everything was covered 100%.

Edited to add that I had RNY, not DS. My insurance covers VSG and RNY. I don't think they cover DS.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/20 2:06 pm, edited 12/28/20 10:47 pm

Absolutely everything, but did not encounter up to this moment something critical. Better that nothing happened, because even more money people are ready to pay for health. In my situation the best decision was not to purchase a new gaming setup but health insurance with the best coverage plan . Time will pass and after seeing lately news on TV, think that my decision is the best this year. Don't know how time will pass and things that will happen, generally speaking about my health status. Want to be and protected all the time, to be sure that I'm prepared for every possible situation. Check this guide - think for many will be interesting also.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 266 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 741 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views