HELP SURGERY NOT RIGHT

cammi1012
on 1/24/20 5:03 pm

So I'm 17 months out have on!y lost 50 pounds. I went to back to place I had surgery they did ultrasound, upper GI and ex ray. The doctor who did the surgery is gone the new doctor said he did the sleeve but it don't look like he did the switch but they billed the insurance company for the DS I can't find a attorney to take my case in advice would be greatly appreciated. This was my last shot at weight loss the only option was diet pills I'm so frustrated

larra
on 1/24/20 5:22 pm - bay area, CA

Request copies of your operative report and also the report from the upper GI x-rays. You are entitled to copies of your medical records (there may be a small fee). If the surgical group doesn't have your operative report, the hospital will. These reports will tell you whether you had a DS of just a sleeve.

More in a pm.

Larra

CamCake
on 1/24/20 5:34 pm

Larra I have the operative report and says he did a lapband removal and a partial gastrectomy

PattyL
on 1/24/20 7:33 pm

You are right. All you got was the sleeve. I think you need to talk to a lawyer.

Janet P.
on 1/25/20 6:40 am

If you know from your Ops report that he only did the sleeve yet he billed your insurance company for the full DS I would contact your insurance company. This is called insurance fraud and I assume they would also want to go after the doctor.

Check over on the main discussion site and cross-post there (there's more activity on the main discussion board). I think there might be a lawyer or two on that forum.

Also try googling lawyers who specialize in either medical fraud or insurance fraud or WLS-related suits.

I'm so sorry this has happened.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Dee_Caprini
on 4/28/20 3:37 pm

Hoping you have been able to get some answers?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 240 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 728 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views