5 year surgiversary-SADI

mljohns2
on 1/27/20 2:01 pm
DS on 01/27/15

Hello all,

Five years ago today I had the SADI surgery. I was a type 2 insulin dependent diabetic on an insulin pump with concentrated insulin. No matter how much I exercised/dieted etc...my blood sugars and my A1C were high. My insulin resistance was off the charts according to my endocrinologist. I started experiencing double vision and was worried I would eventually go blind.

The day of surgery was the last time I had insulin. HW 250+ (not sure exactly since I stopped weighing myself). SW 225, Lowest weight, 135. CW 150. I have gained some weight since the surgery. Not because the surgery failed but because I haven't been as careful with my diet and haven't exercised as I should due to a crazy 2019.

I look and feel good and take no meds whatsoever. I was diabetic for 15 years before surgery. And now I've been a "recovering" diabetic for 5 years. I am grateful that modern medicine has created a procedure that helped.

For any of you considering weight loss surgery...do your research...pick the surgery you and your Dr. thinks is best for you...NEVER think this is cheating....NEVER let some stranger on this forum or any other tell you you chose the wrong surgery or that your choice was not as good as their choice. Each person is different and needs a different solution. The SADI was the best decision for me. Lastly, remember the saying, THE SURGERY IS JUST A TOOL. I have watched several folks eat and live after surgery the same way that did before surgery and they are gaining.

Riva_G.
on 1/28/20 7:55 pm
DS on 07/18/19

thank you. you are a real inspiration. I had the sadi done 6mths ago. I feel physically great and I actually reached my short term weight goal today! But I've been feeling a bit down lately, I'm not sure why, since I'm doing so well. I had no complications what so ever and I barely ever vomit, which I know many ppl do at the beginning. I just feel a bit down that I had to physically change myself to be at a semi healthy weight when others eat all they want and still remain "skinny". your post really uplifted me. thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/20 8:27 pm
Janet P.
on 1/30/20 9:56 am

Happy surgeriversary. Many of us experience some type of bounce back after hitting goal.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/20 4:56 am

You are a real inspiration.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views