sheree
on 3/12/20 8:44 pm - arlington, TX

It varies

hollykim
on 3/13/20 2:07 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 13, 2020 at 3:44 AM Pacific Time, sheree wrote:

It varies

the DS diet is high protein, low carb and minimal non carbs vegetables while losing.
we absorb carbs 100% though we malabsorb all the other food groups. Fruit is pure sugar which is a carb and is absorbed at 100%.
mid you are eating oatmeal, potatoes, sweet potatoes any kind of bread,wrap, or tortilla,any flour products or if you are drinking lots of calories, that could be why you are coining and not losing.

sheree
on 3/13/20 6:58 pm, edited 3/13/20 11:59 am - arlington, TX

Thank you! That helps. I usually eat maybe a boiled egg and fruit for breakfast. For lunch I eat maybe soup and salad. Or chicken wings and salad. I have to refocus on more protein than carbs. My weakness are carbs. I don't drink sugary drinks.

Janet P.
on 3/13/20 9:33 am

We can't help unless you give us more than 2-word answers. When you were asked what your daily menu looks like, an answer of "it varies" isn't enough to help us help you.

Your profile says you had your RNY in 2006. When did you have your DS done? Is it a true DS? Did they reconnect your duodenum from your original bypass? I'm assume you still have a pouch and not a sleeve.

Give us a list of everything you eat in an average day. How much protein are you eating? Carbs? Water? How often do you eat? Are you eating full meals? Are you grazing? Are you snacking?

Those of us who check this board daily (or almost daily) are here to help - I'm 17+ years post-op from the DS but I can't offer and guidance based on "it varies".

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

sheree
on 3/13/20 7:06 pm - arlington, TX

I had the DS on 12/3. It was a true switch. My pouch was changed to a sleeve. And I no longer have the restriction I had with the pouch.

Janet P.
on 3/15/20 4:30 am

That's a start. Since you lost your restriction, what are you eating? Are you tracking what you eat? Are you following a low carb, full fat, high protein diet? Are you grazing or trying to eat three meals a day? Do you snack? Are you drinking enough water?

Give us a one-day example. Then maybe we can give you some suggestions.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 769 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views