Acid reflux burning near duodenum

sarah Shonfelt
on 6/12/20 2:03 pm - Acworth, GA
I’m 11 years out, acid reflux has been terrible last couple months and I’ve been on Omeprosol for years. In the past weeks I’ve been feeling worse around
Duodenum area. I had an endoscopy a year ago and they saw issues with start of Barrettes esophaguses . Anyone have issues similar and what do you take or do medically or homeopathic

Thanks, Sarah                 HW: 325 SW: 311  -  DS Surgery 10/15/08

* Nicole *
on 6/16/20 4:59 pm, edited 6/16/20 10:00 am

While Im no dr but...

Reflux is usually because you are reacting to something you ate. Almost like an allergic reaction. (Not always the case but a usual culprit). I would never take PPI inhibitor but I have taken H2 inhibitors (zantac etc). But once I just stepped back and listened to my body about foods and what and I can cant eat, Ive minimized any reflux and just take licorice root (capsules) to keep the acid reflux down and GI tract happy. Its gotten rid of the bloating. So Im happy as can be and not pumping pharmacuticals down my throat anymore. Which some actually made things worse because Id react to fillers in the pills.

But if I want to stray from my safe foods, Ill take an extra licorice root for good measure.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Janet P.
on 6/17/20 3:53 am
On June 12, 2020 at 9:03 PM Pacific Time, sarah Piller wrote:
I’m 11 years out, acid reflux has been terrible last couple months and I’ve been on Omeprosol for years. In the past weeks I’ve been feeling worse around
Duodenum area. I had an endoscopy a year ago and they saw issues with start of Barrettes esophaguses . Anyone have issues similar and what do you take or do medically or homeopathic

We're not doctors. If, a year ago, your endoscope showed issues, I suggest you go back to your doctor and have another scope. You may need to up your omeprezole but see our doctor to confirm.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 6/27/20 4:48 am

All I can say is No more alcohol for me...and Damn about that

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Wopsrfun
on 7/7/20 1:39 am

I am 7 years out and I just started having terrible heartburn. I'm not sure if this is normal but Pepsid has helped me.

let me know if you find out anything.

thanks,

Esther

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 356 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views