Healing from plastic surgery

Fire_Ice
on 6/16/20 1:55 pm
DS on 10/25/17

I've had a couple procedures done, with the plan to do a couple more.

Thing is, I'm healing very slowly from them. They did a breast augmentation and six months later I'm still sore and in pain in that area. My plastic surgeon seems unconcerned; is it normal for this stuff to take a lot longer to heal than other people? Usually at this point other patients are 100% healed.

White Dove
on 6/16/20 2:08 pm - Warren, OH

Something sounds very wrong. I would be consulting with a different plastic surgeon if still in pain after that much time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Fire_Ice
on 6/16/20 5:55 pm
DS on 10/25/17

Every website that talks about it says the pain can last from six months to a year, but most people are better by six months. I was just trying to see if this was a DS thing or if I'm just lucky enough to be one if the people who take longer to heal. (My face still hurts from my face lift, too, and there was nothing added there. I just seem to not be a fast healer, which I've read is common with DS.)

Janet P.
on 6/17/20 3:49 am

I had a TT and breast lift (no augmentation) done at the same time. I recovered easily from the lift but it took months and months to recover from my tummy tuck. Some people just heal faster than others. I had a WLS friend who also had a TT and recovered within weeks, while mine took months. Yet when she had her other procedures (arms and thighs) her recovery was horrible (part of it was not following the surgeon's instructions :( ).

I think we all recover differently from different procedures. Is the pain you're experiencing from a specific part or just overall discomfort? Continue to talk to your plastic surgeon and stay proactive.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

hollykim
on 6/17/20 9:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 16, 2020 at 8:55 PM Pacific Time, Fire_Ice wrote:

I've had a couple procedures done, with the plan to do a couple more.

Thing is, I'm healing very slowly from them. They did a breast augmentation and six months later I'm still sore and in pain in that area. My plastic surgeon seems unconcerned; is it normal for this stuff to take a lot longer to heal than other people? Usually at this point other patients are 100% healed.

I have had quite a bit of plastic surgery and have healed quickly from all of it with no residual pOn. I had breast augmentAtion in Feb 2020,4 months ago and am pAin free from it.

I do t think it is a DS thing but just your I dividuL healing.

Dee_Caprini
on 7/1/20 10:13 am

I also think it may be HOW you are hurting. What products were used? I haven't had plastic surgery yet but I have researched it a lot... I asked a few of the surgeons what they use internally and a couple stated surgical glue and others stated nylon threads. I know for a fact that my body is sensitive to certain adhesives and I am fairly certain I won't do well with the nylon threads. So, it may just take longer for your body to heal as I have heard that it can take up to a year as well to "feel normal".

Maybe suggest seeing your primary doctor to get the second opinion to make sure there are no infections?

Hoping you feel better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 146 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 688 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views