Restaurant Grease in Septic Tank

Jmm4321
on 8/31/20 7:46 pm

A topic I have not seen posted but probably not be limited to just me - Septic Tank Grease Overload. My tank gets pumped about every year instead of every 2 years since my service provider says we are "heavy" users (aka Poop a lot). He also says my wife must be pouring gallons and gallons of cooking oil and grease down the kitchen sink, and I need to stop her. He can tell because of all the grease in the tank which is similar to a restaurant with grease fryers. So far, I'm letting my wife take the blame but one of these years I will fess up and tell him the grease is coming out of me thru the bathroom due to all the unprocessed fat I eat.

Has anyone else had any experience like this?

PattyL
on 9/1/20 7:42 am

I has septic for my first 13 years as a DSer and had no problem. I did put in that additive, Rid-X, every month. When I bought the house they told me they had done it monthly so I continued. If I remember correctly we had ours pumped out 3 times in 13 years.

airbender
on 9/1/20 5:04 pm

yes, same thing here....they said it was like cement trying to get through the opening, they had to use the middle opening in my septic tank......I knew right away

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

hollykim
on 9/5/20 11:32 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 1, 2020 at 2:46 AM Pacific Time, Jmm4321 wrote:

A topic I have not seen posted but probably not be limited to just me - Septic Tank Grease Overload. My tank gets pumped about every year instead of every 2 years since my service provider says we are "heavy" users (aka Poop a lot). He also says my wife must be pouring gallons and gallons of cooking oil and grease down the kitchen sink, and I need to stop her. He can tell because of all the grease in the tank which is similar to a restaurant with grease fryers. So far, I'm letting my wife take the blame but one of these years I will fess up and tell him the grease is coming out of me thru the bathroom due to all the unprocessed fat I eat.

Has anyone else had any experience like this?

I am on city sewer so don't have this problem and I know it is a serious concern but I laughed out loud when I read it and the replies...

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views