weight gain

scaryreader
on 10/17/20 7:10 pm - Chicago, IL

I went and got my flu shot today. I have gained 24lbs. I sit here all day bored and depressed. So...I eat. Being bored and depressed is what got me fat in the 1st palace. I am so angry with myself. So I am going to try to do protein until Thanksgiving. Protein shakes w/bananas, baked chicken, fish and pork chops. And salads w/lemon. I'll keep you posted.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

White Dove
on 10/18/20 6:01 am - Warren, OH

Everyone has periods of regain. It is always possible to lose that regain, although it does seem harder the further out from surgery you get. Everyone finds what works for them. For me, it is strict counting of the calories I take in and tracking what I burn. I also find I must weigh myself daily so that I don't get that shock in the doctor's office.

I have also had good success with the Weigh****chers point system. Please keep us updated. I am wishing you great success.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/18/20 7:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had a 20 lb rebound after hitting my lowest weight. Ten of it was fine - I'd gotten a bit too thin. The second ten was NOT fine. I'm still trying to lose it. I've lost 4-5 lbs (depending on the day) since March - which I know is slow as molasses, but at least it's coming off (I know I COULD lose it faster if I cut back to 1000 or 1200 calories a day, but obviously I haven't been willing to do that...). Like WhiteDove, I count my calories and weigh myself every day. It does work - although as she said, it's much harder now than it was the first year. But it DOES work - a lot of us have dealt with this.

Janet P.
on 10/22/20 3:51 am

You need a DS-friendly diet. You need full fat. You need lots of protein and low carbs. I think we have all had gains over the years and in my experience going back to DS basics works. Generally its carbs that cause DS weight gain. Look at exactly what you're eating and make the appropriate adjustments.

Also lots of water.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views